Blue Star Museum Deadline April 1

  • lombardhistory@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
      AASLH Encourages Members and Institutions to Become Blue Star Museums

      Dear Friends of AASLH:

      I am writing to invite you to join with the National Endowment for the Arts and Blue Star Families to become a Blue Star 2013 Museum by providing free admission to active duty military personnel and their families between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

      Last summer the program was a huge success. With 1,882 museums across the country, from fine arts museums to science and nature centers to historic sites and attendance by more than 475,000 active duty military personnel and their families, Blue Star Museums has grown larger and given the gift of an outstanding museum experience to thousands of deeply appreciative military families. Blue Star Museum simultaneously strengthens both the museum and military community.

      To become a Blue Star museum, the process is simple: just follow this link to sign up on-line. Please respond before April 1, 2013, so that we can include you on the NEA Blue Star Museums map and website www.arts.gov/bluestarmuseums. Even if your institution is already offering a similar program or already offers free admission to all, registering as a Blue Star Museum provides a national platform to showcase your museum to the military community.

      After the registration deadline, you will receive a welcome email with a link to the Blue Star Museums webpage where you will find information on admissions eligibility and promotional resources to help you share news about this summer program.

      We cannot do this without you and would be deeply appreciative if you would join Blue Star Museums 2013. If you have any questions please e-mail bluestarmuseums@....

      Sincerely,

      Terry Davis
      AASLH President & CEO
    • Shirley

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2013

          Dear Shirley,

          The link can be found at http://apps.nea.gov/BlueStarSignUp/MainPage.aspx

          Thanks for looking into signing up for this great program!  Best, Donna

          Donna Sack, Executive Director, Illinois Association of Museums