RE: Sunday storms

  • Frank, Peggy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012

      Naperville fared fairly well also.  We, too, are willing to help should assistance be needed by someone.

      Peggy Frank

      President and CEO

      NS horz green.jpg

      Chicagoland’s Outdoor History Museum

      Direct 630.420.6011 Main 630.420.6010 Fax 630.305.6217 E-Mail frankp@...

      523 S. Webster Street Naperville, IL 60540 www.napersettlement.museum

      Naper Settlement is administered by the Naperville Heritage Society, a not-for-profit organization.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
        Although Elgin got whacked, we are just fine willing to do anything we can.
        Margaret (Peggie) Stromberg
        Executive Director
        Elgin Public Museum of Natural History
         and Anthropology
        847-741-6655
        peggie_epm@...

        The mission of the Elgin Public Museum is to enhance knowledge of the natural sciences and anthropology through the use of exhibits and interactive experiences.

        Does anyone have reports from Chicago suburban museums regarding storm damage or power outages? We at Cantigny are fine and are willing to assist anyone who needs help.

        Diane Gutenkauf

        Director

        Robert R. McCormick Museum

        1s151 Winfield Rd

        Wheaton IL 60189

        630-260-8159 (v)

        630-260-8160 (f)

        dgutenkauf@...

        www.cantigny.org

        Friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter: McCormick Museum

        This message, including any attachments, is the property of the City of Elgin. It may be legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). No recipient should forward, print, copy, or otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.

        Due to the nature of the Internet, the sender is unable to ensure the integrity of this message and does not accept any liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions (whether as the result of this message having been intercepted or otherwise) in the contents of this message.

        Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the city.
      • Pat Miller

          Does anyone have reports from Chicago suburban museums regarding storm damage or power outages? We at Cantigny are fine and are willing to assist anyone who needs help.

          Diane Gutenkauf

          Director

          Robert R. McCormick Museum

          1s151 Winfield Rd

          Wheaton IL 60189

          630-260-8159 (v)

          630-260-8160 (f)

          dgutenkauf@...

          www.cantigny.org

Cantigny_Logo_SideTag_Dark_RGB_email

          --
          Patricia L. Miller, Executive Director
          Illinois Heritage Association

        • Sara Arnas
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
            We are back up as of 9:30pm last night.
            Thank you!
            Sara Arnas
            DuPage County Historical Museum
            A Facility of Wheaton Park District
            102 E. Wesley
            Wheaton, Il. 60187
            630-510-4958
            www.dupagemuseum.com
            Does anyone have reports from Chicago suburban museums regarding storm damage or power outages? We at Cantigny are fine and are willing to assist anyone who needs help.

            Diane Gutenkauf
            Director
            Robert R. McCormick Museum
            1s151 Winfield Rd
            Wheaton IL 60189
            630-260-8159 (v)
            630-260-8160 (f)
            dgutenkauf@...<mailto:dgutenkauf@...>
            www.cantigny.org<http://www.cantigny.org>
            [cid:image001.jpg@01CD5906.F45D8D60]

            Friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter: McCormick Museum
          • Carol Nordbrock
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012

              Many trees and limbs down here at Kline Creek Farm in West Chicago. There is some minor damage to the chicken coop (chickens are fine) and a few other outbuildings and fences.  Our windmill sustained damage as well.  If anyone has any ideas where to apply for grants/funds to do the unbudgeted repairs to our windmill, I would appreciate the info. The windmill is a hybrid of both historic and reproduction pieces.

              The farm was closed Sunday and Monday, days we are normally open and we will be closed Thursday, as tired tree crew and staff complete the cleanup.

              Thank you!

            • carlah@bataviaparks.org
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
                We have a group of windmill enthusiasts that repair and care for our windmills.  If you would like to call me and let me know what the extent of the damage is, maybe we can help.

                Carla Hill
                Director
                Batavia Depot Museum
                630 406-5274
                carlah@...

                From:        Carol Nordbrock <cnordbrock@...>
                To:        "IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com" <IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com>
                Date:        07/03/2012 02:04 PM
                Subject:        [IAM_ListServ] RE: Sunday storms

[...]

              • Museum Lisle Park District
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012

                  Lisle was fine, no damage and power stayed on as far as I know.

                  ~Brian