Museums have $2 billion impact on Illinois economy

  • BECKER, DAVID
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 12:50 PM

      Report: Museums have $2 billion impact on Illinois economy

      http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/sns-ap-il--illinoismuseums,0,2288449.story

      By Associated Press

      3:03 a.m. CDT, March 29, 2012

      SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — New statistics from the Illinois Association of Museums shows museums in the state have a $2 billion economic impact annually.The association's economic impact statement also found museums in Illinois employ more than 6,240 people, spend more than $576 million on goods and services and have more than 21 million visitors a year. That includes 3.4 million school children and 119,500 teachers.Earlier this month the Illinois Department of Natural Resources released $15 million in Public Museum Capital Grants Program funds.Association director Donna Sack says Illinois museums are a "significant pull" for international and out-of-state visitors.___Online: http://www.illinoismuseums.org/

    • Charles Katzenmeyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 12:50 PM
        Thanks for your message!

        I will be away from the Adler Planetarium until Wednesday, April 11, with very limited access to voice messages and e-mail.  If your question is time-sensitive, please contact my assistant Shannon Lindgren at 312-322-0334.  Thank you!

        - Charles

        Charles L. Katzenmeyer
        Senior Vice President for External Affairs
        Adler Planetarium
        1300 South Lake Shore Drive
        Chicago, IL 60605
        O:  312-322-0513