IMLS Grant Partnership

  • Sonya Darter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012

      Hello everyone,

      Please forgive any cross-posting. The Orpheum Children’s Science Museum is exploring the feasibility of partnerships on a 21st Century Museum Professionals grant through the IMLS. The Orpheum has developed an administrative software system for tracking donations and members, volunteers, and program registrations. This software also enables online program payments and purchases. If awarded this grant, the Orpheum would like to begin distributing this software freely to smaller institutions that are unable to afford or fully utilize the more complex software on the market.

      We are currently seeking local museums in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri that would be interested in being part of our 2013-2014 pilot program in distributing the software. Participation would include a copy of the administrative software, training workshops, and ongoing technical support for a year after initial installation, for minimal or no cost to your organization. We would also welcome interest from museums across the nation as we are considering a wider distribution after the initial pilot program.

      If interested, please reply to this e-mail by Wednesday February 8th, with a brief description of your museum and how you would benefit from participation in this pilot program.  You do not need to fill out the official IMLS partnership form at that time, just let us know you would like to participate. Please feel free to e-mail or call me at (217) 352-5895 ext. 16 with any questions as well.

      Thanks very much,

      Caitlin