Silverfish removal!

  • Museum
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2011

      Our museum recently received a box of old newspapers, I found they are infested with silverfish. How do I treat the newspapers to kill them off?

      Brian Failing

      Museum Curator

      Lisle Depot Museum

      921 School Street

      Lisle, IL    60532

      W:  630-968-0499

      C:   630-390-6735

      Check out our blog!

      Discover the Opportunities

    • Gutenkauf, Diane
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2011

        Freezing collections is an effective silverfish control. You might start by reading the NPS conserve-o-gram on freezing (#3/6). It is online here: http://www.cr.nps.gov/museum/publications/conserveogram/cons_toc.html

        Contact me off list if you need access to a freezer.

        Diane Gutenkauf

        Director

        Robert R. McCormick Museum

        630-260-8159 (v)

        dgutenkauf@...

        Our museum recently received a box of old newspapers, I found they are infested with silverfish. How do I treat the newspapers to kill them off?

        Brian Failing

        Museum Curator

        Lisle Depot Museum

        921 School Street

        Lisle, IL   60532

        W:  630-968-0499

        C:   630-390-6735

        Check out our blog!

        Discover the Opportunities

      • Charles Katzenmeyer
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2011
          Thanks for your message!  I will be out of town on Thursday, August 4 and Friday, August 5, with limited access to e-mail and voice mail.  If your question is time-sensitive, please contact my assistant Kate Gaskill at 312-322-0334 or call my mobile phone (312-933-2223).  Thank you!  -- Charles

        • Margaret Paul
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2011
            Diane: Can you please take me off the list serve? Thanks

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 8, 2011
              Done

              Diane Gutenkauf
              Sent from my iPhone