last chance for advance registration to Museumpalooza

  • BECKER, DAVID
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011

      Dear IAM ListServ Members,

      I want to remind you that this Friday, July 8th is the last day for advance registration for the July 24-27 Museumpalooza conference and the last day for reduced conference rates at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel. After July 8th, registration is on-site only.

      I personally can’t remember the last time I was this excited about a conference!  This is an extraordinary and unprecedented opportunity for learning from colleagues in museums from every size and discipline, as well as museum professionals devoted to evaluation and assessment, with IAM, AMM, and the Visitor Studies Association all in the same location at the same time, and sharing in evening social and professional networking events together. I don’t think you will want to miss this event. I know I don’t!

      This is also a great chance to see some of the finest museums in Chicago and in the country with evening events at the Art Institute, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, the Museum of Science and Industry, and the Chicago History Museum . While you are at the conference, come early or stay late and visit other Chicago locations that you have been meaning to see. Just the trip to Chicago and these museums alone are worth the time and effort to make sure that July 24-27th are in your calendar.  I really hope to see you there.

      To register in advance, you may download a registration form at http://www.midwestmuseums.org/pdfs/2011_Registration_Form.pdf.  A conference preliminary program can be downloaded at:  http://www.midwestmuseums.org/pdfs/2011_prelim_program.pdf.  You may also register online by visiting http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=968207.

      Friday is also the last day to reserve your room at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel at the special conference rate of $169 to reserve your room at the Palmer House, phone 877-865-5321 or visit http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/C/CHIPHHH-AMM-20110723/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG.

      If you have any questions, please contact the AMM Membership Services Coordinator, Rachel Drochter, at 314-746-4557 or at rdrochter@....

       Thank you,

      Dave Becker

      Board President, Illinois Association of Museums