Re: [IAM_ListServ] Program suggestions

  • William Furry
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2011
      James Ballowe immediately comes to mind as an excellent speaker who knows the topic you want to present. His book on Christmas in Illinois was published by the University of Illinois Press in 2010. I'm not sure of his institutional affiliation these days, but you can start with UIP.
      Best wishes,
      Bill

      William Furry
      Executive Director
      Illinois State Historical Society
      217-525-2781
      FAX: 217-525-2783
      wfurry@...
      www.historyillinois.org

      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2011

        Look up Leslie Goddard. She does stuff on Marshall Fields. http://lesliegoddard.net/otherprograms.html

        Brian Failing

        Museum Curator

        Lisle Depot Museum

        921 School Street

        Lisle, IL    60532

        W:  630-968-0499

        C:   630-390-6735

        Check out our blog!

        Discover the Opportunities

        Message 3 of 5 , May 24, 2011

          I had James at the Lisle museum and he is very knowledgeable. If it is for adults I STRONGLY recommend him and have his contact if you are interested. I am unsure how he would be with kids, but I am sure he would work with you!