Looking for furniture maker

  • Glessner
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2011
      We need to recreate an 1880s banquette as part of the restoration of our parlor. We have good photographs of the original from which to work. Can anyone recommend a good furniture maker who could do the work? Thank you, Bill Tyre, Executive Director and Curator, Glessner House Museum
    • bronwyn1010@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2011
        Try Stephen Ryan at the Chicago Conservation Center. Bronwyn Eves

        From: "Glessner" <glessnerhouse@...>
        Sender: IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:42:56 -0000
        To: <IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [IAM_ListServ] Looking for furniture maker

        We need to recreate an 1880s banquette as part of the restoration of our parlor. We have good photographs of the original from which to work. Can anyone recommend a good furniture maker who could do the work? Thank you, Bill Tyre, Executive Director and Curator, Glessner House Museum

      • Douglas Stapleton
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2011
          two recommendations:

          Plane-spoken
          Craig Klucina
          www.planespoken.com

          japanese inspired design and traditional techniques- an accomplished
          independent furniture maker

          Stan Bernaki
          Bernaki and Associates
          http://www.bernackiconservation.com/