Re: [IAM_ListServ] Request for Auction Items

  • Michael Watts
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010

      Terri Kostal

      Naper Settlement

      523 S. Webster St.

      Naperville, IL  60540

      Dear Terri Kostal:

      I will be unable to attend this year’s IAM conference, but enclosed is a hand-turned wooden dish for the silent auction, courtesy of the Tarble Arts Center at Eastern Illinois University.

      I hope all goes well and appreciate you giving of your time for the conference.

      Sincerely,

      Michael Watts

      cc: Dave Oberg (via email)

      --

      Michael Watts
      Director, Tarble Arts Center

      On Sep 22, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Sonali Oberg wrote:

      Call for Auction Items

      The Illinois Association of Museums seeks your donations for our silent auction.  Each year, the auction is held in conjunction with IAM’s Annual Conference.  This year’s Annual Conference is scheduled for November 3-5 in Naperville and promises to be an exciting and well attended event.  Throughout the conference, attendees will have the chance to bid on your items, with all proceeds going to the Mary Helen Turner Scholarship Fund.  These scholarships allow critical access to the Annual Conference for museum staff and volunteers.  The auction also provides your institution with a great tool to showcase your museum and your hometown.  If you are interested in participating, please contact Dave Oberg by October 1 at 312-560-0396 or via e-mail at sonalidaveo@....  Please indicate the item(s) you wish to donate so that we can create appropriate signage and avoid duplication.  Auction items may be sent in advance of the conference to Terri Kostal at Naper Settlement, 523 S. Webster St., Naperville, IL  60540.  Thank you for your consideration.  Together, we can make a difference for Illinois’ museum community.

      Sincerely,

      David M. Oberg
      Past President
      Illinois Association of Museums