Request for Auction Items

  • Sonali Oberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2010

      Call for Auction Items

      The Illinois Association of Museums seeks your donations for our silent auction.  Each year, the auction is held in conjunction with IAM’s Annual Conference.  This year’s Annual Conference is scheduled for November 3-5 in Naperville and promises to be an exciting and well attended event.  Throughout the conference, attendees will have the chance to bid on your items, with all proceeds going to the Mary Helen Turner Scholarship Fund.  These scholarships allow critical access to the Annual Conference for museum staff and volunteers.  The auction also provides your institution with a great tool to showcase your museum and your hometown.  If you are interested in participating, please contact Dave Oberg by October 1 at 312-560-0396 or via e-mail at sonalidaveo@....  Please indicate the item(s) you wish to donate so that we can create appropriate signage and avoid duplication.  Auction items may be sent in advance of the conference to Terri Kostal at Naper Settlement, 523 S. Webster St., Naperville, IL  60540.  Thank you for your consideration.  Together, we can make a difference for Illinois’ museum community.

      Sincerely,

      David M. Oberg

      Past President

      Illinois Association of Museums

    • Peggie Stromberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2010
        I'll come up with something
        Margaret (Peggie) Stromberg
        Executive Director
        Elgin Public Museum of Natural History
         and Anthropology
        847-741-6655
        peggie_epm@...

        The mission of the Elgin Public Museum is to enhance knowledge of the natural sciences and anthropology through the use of exhibits and interactive experiences.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010

          Terri Kostal

          Naper Settlement

          523 S. Webster St.

          Naperville, IL  60540

          Dear Terri Kostal:

          I will be unable to attend this year’s IAM conference, but enclosed is a hand-turned wooden dish for the silent auction, courtesy of the Tarble Arts Center at Eastern Illinois University.

          I hope all goes well and appreciate you giving of your time for the conference.

          Sincerely,

          Michael Watts

          cc: Dave Oberg (via email)

          --