      From: BECKER, DAVID <david.becker@...>
      To: IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, May 3, 2010 11:20 am
      Subject: [IAM_ListServ] Museums Advocacy Day Video Clips Now Available!

      Dear IAM ListServ Members,
      We are excited to let you know that clips of Members of Congress speaking about the value of museums during Museums Advocacy Day are now available on the AAM advocacy website www.speakupformuseu ms.org and directly at: http://www.speakupf ormuseums. org/voices_ for_museums. htm.
      Please also take the time to read Karen Witter’s message below.
      Dave Becker
      IAM President

      From: Karen Witter [mailto:kwitter@ museum.state. il.us]
      Dear Colleagues,
      As you know, Senator Durbin was the keynote speaker at the AAM Advocacy Day in Washington, DC.  Several other members of Congress spoke at an evening reception. AAM has posted video clips of the remarks. I urge my Illinois colleagues to listen to Senator Durbin's remarks. He expresses strong support for museums from a personal perspective, and he mentions many issues that are high on AAM's legislative agenda. I also encourage you to follow up to let Senator Durbin and his staff know how much we appreciated his participation at Museum Day as well as his strong support for museums and cultural organizations over many years.

      The Midwest was well represented!  Congresswoman McCollum (MN) was excellent - thank you, Lin, as was Senator Voinovich (OH), thank you Linda Silver!  I know several AMM board members have already sent thank you notes to these people for their participation at Advocacy Day and for their support for museums.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic