893Re: Help with wording for rental space.

  • insullmagnate
    Oct 3, 2009
      > Hello group! My name is Chris Sprinkel and I am the Operations Manager for the Korean War National Museum in downtown Springfield. We are currently in a temporary location until our permanent facility is built (hopefully breakground next year).
      > We have a meeting area in the center of our facility and want to rent this space for meetings, socials, etc. Anyone have any suggestions on how to word this concept on our website? Any advice would be benfiticial as I am fairly new to the realm of museum administration.

      You might want to look at the website for the Indiana Historical Society (http://www.indianahistory.org), the Chicago History Museum (http://www.chicagohistory.org), and the Newberry Library in Chicago (http://www.newberry.org). Each institution rents its space for social gatherings. The Indiana Historical Society's building, called the Indiana History Center, is currently being renovated, so if you don't see something on the website for that institution, you might want to contact their staff about an internal policy statement and an advertising statement.

      I hope this helps a little. Good luck.

      Martin Tuohy
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic