727Next Will County Heritage Alliance Meeting

  • Harry Klinkhamer
    Jan 8, 2009
      Next Will County Heritage Alliance Meeting

      On behalf of the Will County Heritage Alliance Coordinating Council, I want to invite you to our upcoming meeting scheduled for Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at the Schmuhl School in New Lenox. Coffee and refreshments will be served. Schmuhl School is located at the northeast corner of Schoolhouse Road and US Route 30 in New Lenox (view map at www.willcountylanduse.com/wcha/home.htm ). The school is in the Hickory Creek Preserve of the Forest Preserve District of Will County and parking is available at the Hickory Creek Barrens entrance on Schoolhouse Rd. (http://www.fpdwc.org/hickorybarrens.cfm).

      We are delighted to announce that Lori Lindberg will be our guest speaker. Lori has been active with the New Lenox Area Historical Society for several years and has lead their successful fundraising efforts for Schmuhl School's preservation. Lori's presentation will focus on creative strategies used in Schmuhl School's fundraising efforts.

      If you have not yet been to this one-room schoolhouse, this will be a great opportunity for you to visit one of Will County's wonderful landmarks, www.willcountylanduse.com/HPC/Landmarks/Schmuhl.html! Please let me know if you can attend the meeting by Tuesday, January 13.

      Future dates for meetings include April 18 in conjunction with the South Suburban Heritage Association, July 18 in Wilmington, and October 17 in Frankfort.

      Harry Klinkhamer
      Interpretive Facility Coordinator
      Forest Preserve District of Will County
      501 E. Romeo Road