331Fwd: AASLH's 2007 Leadership in History Awards

  • mturner4626@aol.com
    Feb 1, 2007
       Hello all,
      I am the state awards chair for AASLH, so your nominations will come to me.  They must be postmarked by March 1 and sent to my office at the address below.  If you have any questions or need a form, feel free to call me or email.
      Mary

      Mary Turner
      Illinois Association of Museums
      Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
      1 Old State Capitol Plaza
      Springfield, IL 62701
      217/524-7080
      mary.turner@...
      www.illinoismuseums.org

      1717 Church Street, Nashville TN 37203, Phone: 615/320-3203 Fax: 615/327-9013 www.aaslh.org

      AASLH invites you to submit your nominations for the 2007 Leadership in History Awards.
      Now in its 62nd year, the Leadership in History Awards is the most prestigious national recognition for achievement in the preservation and interpretation of local, state, and regional history.

      The Leadership in History Awards recognizes exemplary work completed by state or federal historical societies, institutions, or agencies; regional, county, or local historical societies, institutions, or agencies; specialized subject societies in related fields such as oral history, genealogy, folklore, archaeology, business history, railroad history, etc.; junior historical societies; privately owned museums or foundations; individuals; and organizations outside the field of traditional historical agencies.

      What Qualifies for an Award?

      Awards are given for general excellence, exhibits, public and educational programming, special projects, media/publications, Web sites, individual achievement, and preservation or restoration projects. Nominees need not be members of AASLH to qualify.

      Submit Your Nomination

      Nomination Form

      Click the button above to download the nomination form. You may also visit the AASLH web site at www.aaslh.org for more information or contact the AASLH office by phone:(615) 320-3203; or e-mail: hawkins@....

      Nomination Due Date

      Nominations are due to state award representatives on
      March 1, 2007. A list of state team captains can be found at the AASLH Web site. Nominations are then reviewed by a national committee in the summer of 2007.

      A formal presentation of the awards is made during the AASLH Annual Meeting, September 5-8, 2007 in Atlanta, GA.

      Illinois Association of Museums
      Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
      1 Old State Capitol Plaza
      Springfield, IL 62701