1850Research Study about "the real thing" in museums

  • Donna Sack
    Jun 24, 2014

      What does The Real Thing mean to you?

      Conversations about museums always seem to include something about “the real thing” but what exactly is meant by this term?  I have been asking museum visitors what they perceive as real in the museum for the past three years. Now I would like to see what museum professionals think. Here’s your chance to participate in a qualitative research study that aims to sort out the many perceptions of real in the museum context.

      If you will be at the AMM Conference in St. Louis and you are willing to partake in a study on this topic, please email me at kflatham@....

      Interviews will last approximately 40-50 minutes, will be recorded, confidential and anonymous.

      This study is being conducted by K.F. Latham of Kent State University, School of Library and Information Science, Kent, Ohio. It has been fully approved by the IRB.
      Dr. Kiersten F. Latham
      ·  Assistant Professor/ MuseLab Curator

      School of Library & Information Science · Kent State University · 314 University Library · Kent OH 44242  · 330-672-5846

      Donna

      Donna Sack, Executive Director, Association of Midwest Museums

      P.O. Box 11940   St. Louis, MO 63112

      Main: 314.746.4557  Cell: 630.577.7540   F: 314.746.4569

      dsack@...     www.midwestmuseums.org

      Make plans now to join us for the 2014 AMM Conference, Museum Confluence: Connecting People and Ideas, July 14-17 at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel in St Louis, Missouri.