1809CCAC April Program: Welcoming guests who are blind or have low vision
- Mar 22, 2014--Chicago Cultural Accessibility Consortium and the Arts and Culture Project at Access Living present:
Providing services and programming for guests who are blind or have low vision
Date: Friday, April 25, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Location: Access Living, 115 W Chicago Ave. Chicago
Registration Required: EventBrite Registration
This workshop will offer a survey of services and programming that theaters, museums and other cultural institutions can provide to make themselves accessible for visitors who are blind or have low vision. Learn more about topics that will include (but not be limited to):
- audio description for theatre performances, and verbal description for museums/other cultural spaces
- touch tours and tactile experiences
- creating written materials in braille and large print formats
- accommodating service animals
- outreach to the blind and low vision community
- customer service and creating a safe environment
Accommodations and Accessibility Information:
- The event space is accessible to wheelchair users and visitors who need to avoid stairs.
- Open Captioning and Assistive Listening Devices will be available.
- For further accessibility information or to request additional accommodations, please email ChicagoCulturalAccess@... or call Lynn Walsh at 312-464-7679. We kindly request 2 weeks notice for other accommodations.
Paid street parking available.About Chicago Cultural Accessibility Consortium (CCAC): CCAC is a volunteer-run group of cultural administrators and people from the disability community. Our mission is to empower Chicago's cultural spaces to become more accessible. Learn more and stay connected:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ChicagoCulturalAccess" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chicagoculturalaccess+unsubscribe@....
To post to this group, send email to chicagoculturalaccess@....
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/chicagoculturalaccess.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.