1784Midway Village Museum Part-time Job Opening
- Feb 6, 2014
Midway Village Museum Job Announcement
Midway Village Museum has openings for a Part-Time Interpreter (Docent). The job responsibilities of the Interpreter will include, but are not limited to:
· Providing costumed interpretation and historical education as needed including museum and village tours, outreach programs, and summer camp programs to adults and children of all ages.
· Supporting special events by performing duties as assigned.
· Assisting with educational program development.
· Assisting with opening and closing of all facilities, as well as preparation of education program supplies as needed.
· Care and preservation of museum artifacts through observation of museum policies.
Work is seasonal (primarily March-October) and irregular in schedule. Midway Village is Rockford’s history museum and also features a living history Victorian Village. More information can be found at www.midwayvillage.com.
A B.A. is preferred and a background check is required. Applicants should have a general knowledge of American social history. Those with a background in teaching (particularly elementary and middle school), museum studies, history, or theater are encouraged to apply.
To apply please submit resume and two references to laura.furman@....