1735Re: [IAM_ListServ] Re: Query--Mannequins

  • Sara Phalen
    Oct 30, 2013
      We have and use both, including the egg head. Our "real" head ones are being rotated out slowly as we buy new ones as they are far too distracting to our school groups who think they are creepy.

      Warrenville Historical Museum

      On Oct 30, 2013, at 11:47 AM, Roger Matile <rnsmatile@...> wrote:

      We bought a mannequin a couple years ago to exhibit a Desert Storm uniform in our military exhibit. I tried to get what the manufacturer calls an egg head mannequin, which has a head with no facial features, but the wait was too long for our exhibit timeframe so we ended up with an unsatisfactory (at least to me; visitors don't seem to mind him as much as I do) male mannequin. But if we ever order another, male or female, it will be an egg head because I really feel the featureless face is less intrusive in an exhibit setting.

      Of course, if you're not ever planning to exhibit headgear with clothing, you could get a headless mannequin.

      Roger Matile

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic