1029Re: [IAM_ListServ] Museum Treasurers

  • Cindy Birk Conley
    Aug 3, 2010
      Carol,

      Now I don't understand why the mayor got angry at the old treasurer, if
      the museum was an independent non-profit. Libraries are normally part of
      the municipal government, as would be a parks department and community
      center.

      There could also be situations where the city owns the museum and lets
      an independent historical society operate out of it, or rent it, or
      various cost-sharing arrangements.

      The auditor being involved also would make me think there is significant
      city ownership.

      Cindy
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic