1027RE: [IAM_ListServ] Museum Treasurers

  • Gutenkauf, Diane
    Aug 3 7:26 AM

      It appears to me, and I am NOT a lawyer, that your mayor has overstepped her authority. Your city government has no oversight responsibility for your museum, if indeed you are an independent 510 c 3.

      Your board may have abdicated their fiduciary responsibilities and that could have consequences with the state.

      You need professional advice, not ad hoc advice from a listserv.

      Please contact an lawyer who is familiar with non-profit organizations. In Chicago one can find professionals who volunteer (http://www.artsbiz-chicago.org/volunteer/bva/) and you might find something similar in your area.

      Diane Gutenkauf

      Director

      Robert R. McCormick Museum

      dgutenkauf@...