Public Safety Writers Association Conference

  • Marilyn Meredith
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007

      For those who either write about law enforcement and/or any public safety organization for trade magazines, non-fiction or fiction, the Public Safety Writers Conference may be the one for you. For more information go to:

      http://www.policewriter.com/

      There is a writer’s contest with a deadline of January 15. For the lowest cost for the conference you need to sign up before March 15th. For the full conference, the cost includes three sit-down luncheons. Published authors are welcome to bring their books for sale and will have the opportunity to give an elevator pitch about his or her book.

      Marilyn

      See what's new at: http://fictionforyou.com
      http://www.policewriter.com
      NEW BLOG at http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com/
    • William Butler
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007

        Marilyn:

        What a wonderful newsletter you have on the PSWA site. Until I joined the PoliceWriters (another Yahoo group) I'd really not considered my years in law enforcement as a part of my writing world. Silly me, never mind that a great deal of the themes in my writing have been either directly or indirectly involved police work and officers.

        The Las Vegas conference sounds like fun. I haven't been there since the early 70s (I don't gamble and I don't drink—so what would be the point) so I'll have to give it and PSWA membership some serious consideration. Besides, I've always liked contests. They let me see how my work stacks up against that of others. Thanks for providing the information.

        William