Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Stress Busters

Expand Messages
  • Yvonne LaRose
    So I m going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don t require
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
      So I'm going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don't require a psychiatrist or drugs. Some of these techniques used to be part of my regular regimen. Valerian grew in the corner of my front yard. 24-Hour Fitness misses me and my one-hour workouts. Need I go on?

      http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/anxiety-busters-dont-require-rx-192700720.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR65DBRUzwATVohmolQ

      Viva 
      Yvonne LaRose
      In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

      LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

      Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
      The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 
    • Lloyd Lofthouse
      Exercise is a great stress buster because it floods the brain with endorphins that make one feel better. Also diet. There are foods---other than herbs---that
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
        Exercise is a great stress buster because it floods the brain with endorphins that make one feel better.

        Also diet. There are foods---other than herbs---that help combat stress.  For example, one food to cut back on as much as possible is processed, refined sugar mostly consumed through sodas.  Too much sugar in the blood causes horrible mood swings.

        Sleep is also important. Recent long term brain studies that include brain scans show that sleep is vital for a number of reasons and dealing with stress is one of them. If we cut back on sleep, then our bodies will react with stress, etc.

        Our lifestyle choices have a lot to do with the stress in our lives.

        Lloyd Lofthouse
         


        --- On Fri, 3/8/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

        From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
        Subject: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
        To: "Independent Authors Group" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:04 PM

         

        So I'm going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don't require a psychiatrist or drugs. Some of these techniques used to be part of my regular regimen. Valerian grew in the corner of my front yard. 24-Hour Fitness misses me and my one-hour workouts. Need I go on?

        http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/anxiety-busters-dont-require-rx-192700720.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR65DBRUzwATVohmolQ

        Viva 
        Yvonne LaRose
        In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

        LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

        Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
        The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 
      • Yvonne LaRose
        Do you think stress may be at the root of some of our mass killings? My initial theory was poor communication outlets. Having listened to your argument as it
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
          Do you think stress may be at the root of some of our mass killings? My initial theory was poor communication outlets. Having listened to your argument as it relates to stress, I'm reformulating that theory so that it includes poor communication channels that build the stress from not being able to express the wants and needs.
           
          Viva
          Yvonne LaRose
          In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

          LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

          Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
          The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


          From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
          To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:36 AM
          Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

           
          Exercise is a great stress buster because it floods the brain with endorphins that make one feel better.

          Also diet. There are foods---other than herbs---that help combat stress.  For example, one food to cut back on as much as possible is processed, refined sugar mostly consumed through sodas.  Too much sugar in the blood causes horrible mood swings.

          Sleep is also important. Recent long term brain studies that include brain scans show that sleep is vital for a number of reasons and dealing with stress is one of them. If we cut back on sleep, then our bodies will react with stress, etc.

          Our lifestyle choices have a lot to do with the stress in our lives.

          Lloyd Lofthouse
           


          --- On Fri, 3/8/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

          From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
          Subject: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
          To: "Independent Authors Group" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:04 PM

           
          So I'm going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don't require a psychiatrist or drugs. Some of these techniques used to be part of my regular regimen. Valerian grew in the corner of my front yard. 24-Hour Fitness misses me and my one-hour workouts. Need I go on?

          http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/anxiety-busters-dont-require-rx-192700720.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR65DBRUzwATVohmolQ

          Viva 
          Yvonne LaRose
          In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

          LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

          Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
          The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


        • Lloyd Lofthouse
          I think that there are many factors that lead to some people being more stressed than others. Diet and exercise are just two of them. Parenting (I m going to
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
            I think that there are many factors that lead to some people being more stressed than others. Diet and exercise are just two of them.

            Parenting (I'm going to avoid going into detail on this topic because then I would be writing for several hours and no one would read the post because it would be long), environment, watching to much TV and/or spending too much time playing violent video games may also contribute to the stress factor.

            Then there is genetics. From what I have read over the years, it seems that we inherit genes or end up missing some genes that may make us more predisposed to stress than other people.

            There have been studies that have discovered that gay people, for example, or many people that went to school for an education but are functionally illiterate as adults, are missing a particular gene that has been lionked to language aquisision or have a gene that the average person does not have.

            For another example, there are about two hundred people in the world that have been discoverec to have a gene that no one else has that allows them to eat all the fast food they want and never get heart disease or diabetes and scientists followed the trails back to the 18th century to one person that all of these people are related to.

            Imagine being able to eat as many double-double burgers with cheese and greasy french fries as you want and never have to worry about getting a lifestyle disease from that diet? Scientists in Europe have been studying this family for years now trying to figure out how to give the rest of us that same gene so fast food companies like McDonald's can sell all the fast food it can produce.

            Another example, some of us cannot drink milk and some of us can and that is because of a gene. I suspect that same thing is true of peanut allergies that can kill some people.

            I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information.

            Now back to books. Imagine that a gene that few have would create vampires, sorcerers, witches and werewolves.  And because they are so different, the average human gathers in mobs through the centuries to hunt them down to eradicate them.  The smartest of these rare creatues would go underground and stay hidden and teach their offspring to stay out of sight too.

            After all, our species killed off the neanderthal and any other competition.

            Lloyd Lofthouse
             


            --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

            From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
            Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
            To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 8:05 AM

             

            Do you think stress may be at the root of some of our mass killings? My initial theory was poor communication outlets. Having listened to your argument as it relates to stress, I'm reformulating that theory so that it includes poor communication channels that build the stress from not being able to express the wants and needs.
             
            Viva
            Yvonne LaRose
            In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

            LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

            Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
            The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


            From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
            To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
            Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:36 AM
            Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

             
            Exercise is a great stress buster because it floods the brain with endorphins that make one feel better.

            Also diet. There are foods---other than herbs---that help combat stress.  For example, one food to cut back on as much as possible is processed, refined sugar mostly consumed through sodas.  Too much sugar in the blood causes horrible mood swings.

            Sleep is also important. Recent long term brain studies that include brain scans show that sleep is vital for a number of reasons and dealing with stress is one of them. If we cut back on sleep, then our bodies will react with stress, etc.

            Our lifestyle choices have a lot to do with the stress in our lives.

            Lloyd Lofthouse
             


            --- On Fri, 3/8/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

            From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
            Subject: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
            To: "Independent Authors Group" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:04 PM

             
            So I'm going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don't require a psychiatrist or drugs. Some of these techniques used to be part of my regular regimen. Valerian grew in the corner of my front yard. 24-Hour Fitness misses me and my one-hour workouts. Need I go on?

            http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/anxiety-busters-dont-require-rx-192700720.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR65DBRUzwATVohmolQ

            Viva 
            Yvonne LaRose
            In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

            LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

            Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
            The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


          • Yvonne LaRose
            I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
              "I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information."
               
              This is where I need to part company with your argument. You see, through those periods of time, various forms of industrialization, pollution, transportation, and so on were evolving and changing. Our awareness of certain molecules and infectious diseases that existed but were as yet undetected had impacts on us and we were helpless to do anything about them.

              I had to smile at your close. I suspect you did as well. You mean to tell me you're a werewolf in human clothing? But you may have something there. Wasn't that very close to the premise for _Boys from Brazil_?

              Viva
              Yvonne LaRose
              In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

              LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

              Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
              The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


              From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
              To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
              Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:41 AM
              Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

               
              I think that there are many factors that lead to some people being more stressed than others. Diet and exercise are just two of them.

              Parenting (I'm going to avoid going into detail on this topic because then I would be writing for several hours and no one would read the post because it would be long), environment, watching to much TV and/or spending too much time playing violent video games may also contribute to the stress factor.

              Then there is genetics. From what I have read over the years, it seems that we inherit genes or end up missing some genes that may make us more predisposed to stress than other people.

              There have been studies that have discovered that gay people, for example, or many people that went to school for an education but are functionally illiterate as adults, are missing a particular gene that has been lionked to language aquisision or have a gene that the average person does not have.

              For another example, there are about two hundred people in the world that have been discoverec to have a gene that no one else has that allows them to eat all the fast food they want and never get heart disease or diabetes and scientists followed the trails back to the 18th century to one person that all of these people are related to.

              Imagine being able to eat as many double-double burgers with cheese and greasy french fries as you want and never have to worry about getting a lifestyle disease from that diet? Scientists in Europe have been studying this family for years now trying to figure out how to give the rest of us that same gene so fast food companies like McDonald's can sell all the fast food it can produce.

              Another example, some of us cannot drink milk and some of us can and that is because of a gene. I suspect that same thing is true of peanut allergies that can kill some people.

              I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information.

              Now back to books. Imagine that a gene that few have would create vampires, sorcerers, witches and werewolves.  And because they are so different, the average human gathers in mobs through the centuries to hunt them down to eradicate them.  The smartest of these rare creatues would go underground and stay hidden and teach their offspring to stay out of sight too.

              After all, our species killed off the neanderthal and any other competition.

              Lloyd Lofthouse
               


              --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

              From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
              Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
              To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 8:05 AM

               
              Do you think stress may be at the root of some of our mass killings? My initial theory was poor communication outlets. Having listened to your argument as it relates to stress, I'm reformulating that theory so that it includes poor communication channels that build the stress from not being able to express the wants and needs.
               
              Viva
              Yvonne LaRose
              In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

              LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

              Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
              The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


              From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
              To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
              Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:36 AM
              Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

               
              Exercise is a great stress buster because it floods the brain with endorphins that make one feel better.

              Also diet. There are foods---other than herbs---that help combat stress.  For example, one food to cut back on as much as possible is processed, refined sugar mostly consumed through sodas.  Too much sugar in the blood causes horrible mood swings.

              Sleep is also important. Recent long term brain studies that include brain scans show that sleep is vital for a number of reasons and dealing with stress is one of them. If we cut back on sleep, then our bodies will react with stress, etc.

              Our lifestyle choices have a lot to do with the stress in our lives.

              Lloyd Lofthouse
               


              --- On Fri, 3/8/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

              From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
              Subject: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
              To: "Independent Authors Group" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:04 PM

               
              So I'm going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don't require a psychiatrist or drugs. Some of these techniques used to be part of my regular regimen. Valerian grew in the corner of my front yard. 24-Hour Fitness misses me and my one-hour workouts. Need I go on?

              http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/anxiety-busters-dont-require-rx-192700720.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR65DBRUzwATVohmolQ

              Viva 
              Yvonne LaRose
              In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

              LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

              Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
              The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 




            • Lloyd Lofthouse
              From what I ve read, about 14% of disease is caused by factors we have no control over such as air, water and ground pollution, chemicals, viruses, germs, etc.
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
                From what I've read, about 14% of disease is caused by factors we have no control over such as air, water and ground pollution, chemicals, viruses, germs, etc.

                I don't remember seeing the Boys from Brazil.  I just looked it up and see that it was released in 1978, and I read the plot outline. Now I'll have to buy a DVD and see it.  Thanks.

                There is a difference between what I was referring to and what was happening in the Boys from Brazil.

                In the Boys from Brazil, humans were messing with natural selection through cloning as they attempt to duplicate Hitler---I don't think that is the same as what happens in the laboratory of nature.

                In nature, the genetic mutations are random acts in reaction to environmental changes as nature experiments to see what survives---survival of the fittest.

                If we had any choice in what nature hands us at birth, I'd rather be an immortal sorcerer that is also a vampire--sort of a Merlin-Lestat.

                Lloyd Lofthouse
                 


                --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 10:08 AM

                 

                "I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information."
                 
                This is where I need to part company with your argument. You see, through those periods of time, various forms of industrialization, pollution, transportation, and so on were evolving and changing. Our awareness of certain molecules and infectious diseases that existed but were as yet undetected had impacts on us and we were helpless to do anything about them.

                I had to smile at your close. I suspect you did as well. You mean to tell me you're a werewolf in human clothing? But you may have something there. Wasn't that very close to the premise for _Boys from Brazil_?

                Viva
                Yvonne LaRose
                In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


                From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
                To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:41 AM
                Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

                 
                I think that there are many factors that lead to some people being more stressed than others. Diet and exercise are just two of them.

                Parenting (I'm going to avoid going into detail on this topic because then I would be writing for several hours and no one would read the post because it would be long), environment, watching to much TV and/or spending too much time playing violent video games may also contribute to the stress factor.

                Then there is genetics. From what I have read over the years, it seems that we inherit genes or end up missing some genes that may make us more predisposed to stress than other people.

                There have been studies that have discovered that gay people, for example, or many people that went to school for an education but are functionally illiterate as adults, are missing a particular gene that has been lionked to language aquisision or have a gene that the average person does not have.

                For another example, there are about two hundred people in the world that have been discoverec to have a gene that no one else has that allows them to eat all the fast food they want and never get heart disease or diabetes and scientists followed the trails back to the 18th century to one person that all of these people are related to.

                Imagine being able to eat as many double-double burgers with cheese and greasy french fries as you want and never have to worry about getting a lifestyle disease from that diet? Scientists in Europe have been studying this family for years now trying to figure out how to give the rest of us that same gene so fast food companies like McDonald's can sell all the fast food it can produce.

                Another example, some of us cannot drink milk and some of us can and that is because of a gene. I suspect that same thing is true of peanut allergies that can kill some people.

                I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information.

                Now back to books. Imagine that a gene that few have would create vampires, sorcerers, witches and werewolves.  And because they are so different, the average human gathers in mobs through the centuries to hunt them down to eradicate them.  The smartest of these rare creatues would go underground and stay hidden and teach their offspring to stay out of sight too.

                After all, our species killed off the neanderthal and any other competition.

                Lloyd Lofthouse
                 


                --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 8:05 AM

                 
                Do you think stress may be at the root of some of our mass killings? My initial theory was poor communication outlets. Having listened to your argument as it relates to stress, I'm reformulating that theory so that it includes poor communication channels that build the stress from not being able to express the wants and needs.
                 
                Viva
                Yvonne LaRose
                In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


                From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
                To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:36 AM
                Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

                 
                Exercise is a great stress buster because it floods the brain with endorphins that make one feel better.

                Also diet. There are foods---other than herbs---that help combat stress.  For example, one food to cut back on as much as possible is processed, refined sugar mostly consumed through sodas.  Too much sugar in the blood causes horrible mood swings.

                Sleep is also important. Recent long term brain studies that include brain scans show that sleep is vital for a number of reasons and dealing with stress is one of them. If we cut back on sleep, then our bodies will react with stress, etc.

                Our lifestyle choices have a lot to do with the stress in our lives.

                Lloyd Lofthouse
                 


                --- On Fri, 3/8/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                Subject: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                To: "Independent Authors Group" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:04 PM

                 
                So I'm going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don't require a psychiatrist or drugs. Some of these techniques used to be part of my regular regimen. Valerian grew in the corner of my front yard. 24-Hour Fitness misses me and my one-hour workouts. Need I go on?

                http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/anxiety-busters-dont-require-rx-192700720.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR65DBRUzwATVohmolQ

                Viva 
                Yvonne LaRose
                In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 




              • Sandra Fuenterosa
                Lloyd, Of course the poisoning of the air, oceans, fields, forests and foodstuffs today is the work of indsutries such as Monsanto whose products are banned
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
                  Lloyd,

                  Of course the poisoning of the air, oceans, fields, forests and foodstuffs today is the work of indsutries such as Monsanto whose products are banned abroad. But some of hte poison is still being introduced via MacDonald´s and other non-food industries, causing worldwide obeisty and rocketing disease.

                  To escape the modern horrors, I´m enjoying the Btritish series "Merlin" now on tv abroad. as it is an era that has fascinated me since early childhood. If you, too, have an interest in the Arthurian period, I think you´d like the series. It has become beloved internationally and the producers and actors were wise enough to set and keep a 5-year run., In the series Merlin is very young and assistant to the slightly older Arthur. The series manages to be both magical in the true sense of the word and realistic in characterization.. It´s escapist but we need some of that to combat the often unbearable realities of today´s world. I wish we had a Merlin somewhere to help right all the wrongs in our society. Wrongs have always existed but nothing to come anywhere near the nuclear threatened, and fascist origin banking, political and stock market thievery of today which has established a system of perennial war and destroyed the world economy purely for gold and power. Humanity truly needs a sorcerer on the side of good.

                  --- El dom, 10/3/13, Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...> escribió:

                  De: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
                  Asunto: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                  Para: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                  Fecha: domingo, 10 de marzo, 2013 01:38

                   

                  From what I've read, about 14% of disease is caused by factors we have no control over such as air, water and ground pollution, chemicals, viruses, germs, etc.

                  I don't remember seeing the Boys from Brazil.  I just looked it up and see that it was released in 1978, and I read the plot outline. Now I'll have to buy a DVD and see it.  Thanks.

                  There is a difference between what I was referring to and what was happening in the Boys from Brazil.

                  In the Boys from Brazil, humans were messing with natural selection through cloning as they attempt to duplicate Hitler---I don't think that is the same as what happens in the laboratory of nature.

                  In nature, the genetic mutations are random acts in reaction to environmental changes as nature experiments to see what survives---survival of the fittest.

                  If we had any choice in what nature hands us at birth, I'd rather be an immortal sorcerer that is also a vampire--sort of a Merlin-Lestat.

                  Lloyd Lofthouse
                   


                  --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                  From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                  Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                  To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 10:08 AM

                   

                  "I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information."
                   
                  This is where I need to part company with your argument. You see, through those periods of time, various forms of industrialization, pollution, transportation, and so on were evolving and changing. Our awareness of certain molecules and infectious diseases that existed but were as yet undetected had impacts on us and we were helpless to do anything about them.

                  I had to smile at your close. I suspect you did as well. You mean to tell me you're a werewolf in human clothing? But you may have something there. Wasn't that very close to the premise for _Boys from Brazil_?

                  Viva
                  Yvonne LaRose
                  In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                  LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                  Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                  The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


                  From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
                  To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                  Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:41 AM
                  Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

                   
                  I think that there are many factors that lead to some people being more stressed than others. Diet and exercise are just two of them.

                  Parenting (I'm going to avoid going into detail on this topic because then I would be writing for several hours and no one would read the post because it would be long), environment, watching to much TV and/or spending too much time playing violent video games may also contribute to the stress factor.

                  Then there is genetics. From what I have read over the years, it seems that we inherit genes or end up missing some genes that may make us more predisposed to stress than other people.

                  There have been studies that have discovered that gay people, for example, or many people that went to school for an education but are functionally illiterate as adults, are missing a particular gene that has been lionked to language aquisision or have a gene that the average person does not have.

                  For another example, there are about two hundred people in the world that have been discoverec to have a gene that no one else has that allows them to eat all the fast food they want and never get heart disease or diabetes and scientists followed the trails back to the 18th century to one person that all of these people are related to.

                  Imagine being able to eat as many double-double burgers with cheese and greasy french fries as you want and never have to worry about getting a lifestyle disease from that diet? Scientists in Europe have been studying this family for years now trying to figure out how to give the rest of us that same gene so fast food companies like McDonald's can sell all the fast food it can produce.

                  Another example, some of us cannot drink milk and some of us can and that is because of a gene. I suspect that same thing is true of peanut allergies that can kill some people.

                  I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information.

                  Now back to books. Imagine that a gene that few have would create vampires, sorcerers, witches and werewolves.  And because they are so different, the average human gathers in mobs through the centuries to hunt them down to eradicate them.  The smartest of these rare creatues would go underground and stay hidden and teach their offspring to stay out of sight too.

                  After all, our species killed off the neanderthal and any other competition.

                  Lloyd Lofthouse
                   


                  --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                  From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                  Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                  To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 8:05 AM

                   
                  Do you think stress may be at the root of some of our mass killings? My initial theory was poor communication outlets. Having listened to your argument as it relates to stress, I'm reformulating that theory so that it includes poor communication channels that build the stress from not being able to express the wants and needs.
                   
                  Viva
                  Yvonne LaRose
                  In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                  LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                  Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                  The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


                  From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
                  To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                  Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:36 AM
                  Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

                   
                  Exercise is a great stress buster because it floods the brain with endorphins that make one feel better.

                  Also diet. There are foods---other than herbs---that help combat stress.  For example, one food to cut back on as much as possible is processed, refined sugar mostly consumed through sodas.  Too much sugar in the blood causes horrible mood swings.

                  Sleep is also important. Recent long term brain studies that include brain scans show that sleep is vital for a number of reasons and dealing with stress is one of them. If we cut back on sleep, then our bodies will react with stress, etc.

                  Our lifestyle choices have a lot to do with the stress in our lives.

                  Lloyd Lofthouse
                   


                  --- On Fri, 3/8/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                  From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                  Subject: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                  To: "Independent Authors Group" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:04 PM

                   
                  So I'm going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don't require a psychiatrist or drugs. Some of these techniques used to be part of my regular regimen. Valerian grew in the corner of my front yard. 24-Hour Fitness misses me and my one-hour workouts. Need I go on?

                  http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/anxiety-busters-dont-require-rx-192700720.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR65DBRUzwATVohmolQ

                  Viva 
                  Yvonne LaRose
                  In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                  LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                  Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                  The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 




                • Lloyd Lofthouse
                  I am also a fan of the BBC s Merlin. Now the waiting starts for the Season 5 DVDs to be released. I don t like streaming because sometimes the show freezes as
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
                    I am also a fan of the BBC's Merlin. Now the waiting starts for the Season 5 DVDs to be released. I don't like streaming because sometimes the show freezes as it (I think it is called) goes into buffering.

                    Lloyd Lofthouse
                     


                    --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Sandra Fuenterosa <transfuente10@...> wrote:

                    From: Sandra Fuenterosa <transfuente10@...>
                    Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                    To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 6:47 PM

                     

                    Lloyd,

                    Of course the poisoning of the air, oceans, fields, forests and foodstuffs today is the work of indsutries such as Monsanto whose products are banned abroad. But some of hte poison is still being introduced via MacDonald´s and other non-food industries, causing worldwide obeisty and rocketing disease.

                    To escape the modern horrors, I´m enjoying the Btritish series "Merlin" now on tv abroad. as it is an era that has fascinated me since early childhood. If you, too, have an interest in the Arthurian period, I think you´d like the series. It has become beloved internationally and the producers and actors were wise enough to set and keep a 5-year run., In the series Merlin is very young and assistant to the slightly older Arthur. The series manages to be both magical in the true sense of the word and realistic in characterization.. It´s escapist but we need some of that to combat the often unbearable realities of today´s world. I wish we had a Merlin somewhere to help right all the wrongs in our society. Wrongs have always existed but nothing to come anywhere near the nuclear threatened, and fascist origin banking, political and stock market thievery of today which has established a system of perennial war and destroyed the world economy purely for gold and power. Humanity truly needs a sorcerer on the side of good.

                    --- El dom, 10/3/13, Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...> escribió:

                    De: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
                    Asunto: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                    Para: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                    Fecha: domingo, 10 de marzo, 2013 01:38

                     

                    From what I've read, about 14% of disease is caused by factors we have no control over such as air, water and ground pollution, chemicals, viruses, germs, etc.

                    I don't remember seeing the Boys from Brazil.  I just looked it up and see that it was released in 1978, and I read the plot outline. Now I'll have to buy a DVD and see it.  Thanks.

                    There is a difference between what I was referring to and what was happening in the Boys from Brazil.

                    In the Boys from Brazil, humans were messing with natural selection through cloning as they attempt to duplicate Hitler---I don't think that is the same as what happens in the laboratory of nature.

                    In nature, the genetic mutations are random acts in reaction to environmental changes as nature experiments to see what survives---survival of the fittest.

                    If we had any choice in what nature hands us at birth, I'd rather be an immortal sorcerer that is also a vampire--sort of a Merlin-Lestat.

                    Lloyd Lofthouse
                     


                    --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                    From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                    Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                    To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 10:08 AM

                     

                    "I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information."
                     
                    This is where I need to part company with your argument. You see, through those periods of time, various forms of industrialization, pollution, transportation, and so on were evolving and changing. Our awareness of certain molecules and infectious diseases that existed but were as yet undetected had impacts on us and we were helpless to do anything about them.

                    I had to smile at your close. I suspect you did as well. You mean to tell me you're a werewolf in human clothing? But you may have something there. Wasn't that very close to the premise for _Boys from Brazil_?

                    Viva
                    Yvonne LaRose
                    In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                    LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                    Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                    The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


                    From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
                    To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                    Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:41 AM
                    Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

                     
                    I think that there are many factors that lead to some people being more stressed than others. Diet and exercise are just two of them.

                    Parenting (I'm going to avoid going into detail on this topic because then I would be writing for several hours and no one would read the post because it would be long), environment, watching to much TV and/or spending too much time playing violent video games may also contribute to the stress factor.

                    Then there is genetics. From what I have read over the years, it seems that we inherit genes or end up missing some genes that may make us more predisposed to stress than other people.

                    There have been studies that have discovered that gay people, for example, or many people that went to school for an education but are functionally illiterate as adults, are missing a particular gene that has been lionked to language aquisision or have a gene that the average person does not have.

                    For another example, there are about two hundred people in the world that have been discoverec to have a gene that no one else has that allows them to eat all the fast food they want and never get heart disease or diabetes and scientists followed the trails back to the 18th century to one person that all of these people are related to.

                    Imagine being able to eat as many double-double burgers with cheese and greasy french fries as you want and never have to worry about getting a lifestyle disease from that diet? Scientists in Europe have been studying this family for years now trying to figure out how to give the rest of us that same gene so fast food companies like McDonald's can sell all the fast food it can produce.

                    Another example, some of us cannot drink milk and some of us can and that is because of a gene. I suspect that same thing is true of peanut allergies that can kill some people.

                    I read a book that dealt with genetic triggers some time back and research shows that our lifestyle (food, exercise, etc) does trigger certain genetic switches that can trigger stress, and/or what is called lifestyle diseases.  Quite a number of studies have proven that in modern societies, about 86% of disease is caused by those lifestyle choices and the way to figure out what to avoid---until an inexpensive gene test is developed that tells us---may be to study the lifestyles and diseases of our older relatives going back several generations and then chart our own lifestyle from that information.

                    Now back to books. Imagine that a gene that few have would create vampires, sorcerers, witches and werewolves.  And because they are so different, the average human gathers in mobs through the centuries to hunt them down to eradicate them.  The smartest of these rare creatues would go underground and stay hidden and teach their offspring to stay out of sight too.

                    After all, our species killed off the neanderthal and any other competition.

                    Lloyd Lofthouse
                     


                    --- On Sat, 3/9/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                    From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                    Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                    To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 8:05 AM

                     
                    Do you think stress may be at the root of some of our mass killings? My initial theory was poor communication outlets. Having listened to your argument as it relates to stress, I'm reformulating that theory so that it includes poor communication channels that build the stress from not being able to express the wants and needs.
                     
                    Viva
                    Yvonne LaRose
                    In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                    LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                    Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                    The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 


                    From: Lloyd Lofthouse <lflwriter@...>
                    To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
                    Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:36 AM
                    Subject: Re: [IAG-members] Stress Busters

                     
                    Exercise is a great stress buster because it floods the brain with endorphins that make one feel better.

                    Also diet. There are foods---other than herbs---that help combat stress.  For example, one food to cut back on as much as possible is processed, refined sugar mostly consumed through sodas.  Too much sugar in the blood causes horrible mood swings.

                    Sleep is also important. Recent long term brain studies that include brain scans show that sleep is vital for a number of reasons and dealing with stress is one of them. If we cut back on sleep, then our bodies will react with stress, etc.

                    Our lifestyle choices have a lot to do with the stress in our lives.

                    Lloyd Lofthouse
                     


                    --- On Fri, 3/8/13, Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...> wrote:

                    From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
                    Subject: [IAG-members] Stress Busters
                    To: "Independent Authors Group" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:04 PM

                     
                    So I'm going from one mailbox to another to try to get back up to speed and what do I find? A Yahoo article that talks about stress busters that don't require a psychiatrist or drugs. Some of these techniques used to be part of my regular regimen. Valerian grew in the corner of my front yard. 24-Hour Fitness misses me and my one-hour workouts. Need I go on?

                    http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/anxiety-busters-dont-require-rx-192700720.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR65DBRUzwATVohmolQ

                    Viva 
                    Yvonne LaRose
                    In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading] 

                    LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

                    Direct Dial: 310-402-4893  
                    The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit 




                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.