Re: [IAG-members] Re: Writing is hard.

  • Yvonne LaRose
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 19, 2013
      Do you remember the Twilight Zone episode with Burgess Meredith? He was a book lover and wanted to read as much as he could. But his shrewish wife would stop him from reading and threaten to destroy his books.

      Then one day some cataclysmic event took place and wiped out all humanity except him. He found the Library of Congress and thought he was in Heaven. But his glasses fell off his face and clattered down the steps. That was in the days of glass lenses and there were no others to replace the broken ones.

      Viva
      Yvonne LaRose
      In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading]

      LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

      Direct Dial: 310-402-4893
      The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit

      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 28, 2013
        Man, I read the passage I spent all last evening writing and it "looked like a plate of hurl," in the immortal words of Wayne Campbell. I had thought it was so neat. Implausible, clunky, stodgy, inconclusive, not even funny. So into the sausage grinder it goes, yet again, to come out as fresh sausage. Or perhaps fresh hurl.

        But not now. Tomorrow's the one day a week I actually work, and I gotta get up at four. So I'm leaving it be for now. Now I will re-read the Hawaii scene, one I know came out right, and pack it in. Rest easy, authors and authorettes.