Re: [IAG-members] Writing is hard.

  • Yvonne LaRose
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 19 1:48 PM
      Did she do a good job of listening and learning at that stage of her life?

      Viva
      Yvonne LaRose
      In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading]

      LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

      Direct Dial: 310-402-4893
      The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit

      From: Yvonne LaRose <inaword_ccjp@...>
      To: "IAG-members@yahoogroups.com" <IAG-members@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 7:57 AM

      This morning I stayed up for the late/early news (2 AM). They did the article about the woman who gave birth to two sets of identical twins from one gestation. The news team is a young man and a young woman who (from their editorial comments shared) just gave birth to her five-month-old.

      <snip>

      That thought sent me to remembering Octo-Mom. Ohhhh. And I think she's even shorter than I am!

      Those are some of the niggling things we put into our stories in order to help the reader escape from their life and into the lives of the characters we've created for them. Those are the details that make the stories believable and real. Those are the bits that help the readers see from a safe distance some alternatives to what they've already done or what may be on the horizon for their own experiences.

      Isn't writing fun!

      From: Kris Jackson <kris@...>
      Subject: [IAG-members] Writing is hard.
      To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 1:43 AM

      Just some morose musings at a quarter to two in the morning.

      I finally got to Page 100 of my current book
      <snip>
      I'm my favorite author.

      How you guys doing? You writing? You out peddling your books?

    • Kris Jackson
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 28 8:41 PM
        Man, I read the passage I spent all last evening writing and it "looked like a plate of hurl," in the immortal words of Wayne Campbell. I had thought it was so neat. Implausible, clunky, stodgy, inconclusive, not even funny. So into the sausage grinder it goes, yet again, to come out as fresh sausage. Or perhaps fresh hurl.

        But not now. Tomorrow's the one day a week I actually work, and I gotta get up at four. So I'm leaving it be for now. Now I will re-read the Hawaii scene, one I know came out right, and pack it in. Rest easy, authors and authorettes.