Re: [IAG-members] Writing is hard.

  • Yvonne LaRose
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 19 1:45 PM
      I have a two-part short short called The Door that's begging to become a novel in some way. Maybe I'll have one of her retrospectives look on her during her pregnancy and how she felt about her body, her baby, the things she learned.

      Viva
      Yvonne LaRose
      In a Word-CCJP [Content Critiques Journalism Proofreading]

      LinkedIn Profile : Ziggs Profile

      Direct Dial: 310-402-4893
      The Consultant's Desk : The DeskThe Pundit

      From: Kris Jackson <kris@...>
      Subject: [IAG-members] Writing is hard.
      To: IAG-members@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 1:43 AM

      Just some morose musings at a quarter to two in the morning.

      I finally got to Page 100 of my current book this evening. It's a hard slog. I've established a few things, though. My characters are now fully walking and talking without my having to prod them at every step. The story is ticking along on its preset course, and events will soon be directing them
      <snip>
      I'm my favorite author.

      How you guys doing? You writing? You out peddling your books?

    • Kris Jackson
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 28 8:41 PM
        Man, I read the passage I spent all last evening writing and it "looked like a plate of hurl," in the immortal words of Wayne Campbell. I had thought it was so neat. Implausible, clunky, stodgy, inconclusive, not even funny. So into the sausage grinder it goes, yet again, to come out as fresh sausage. Or perhaps fresh hurl.

        But not now. Tomorrow's the one day a week I actually work, and I gotta get up at four. So I'm leaving it be for now. Now I will re-read the Hawaii scene, one I know came out right, and pack it in. Rest easy, authors and authorettes.