Re: Utube video--second effort

  • karenlevine125
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
      Hi Juliet,

      I love the book trailer. It's very intriguing. My favorite shots are the ones with the text superimposed on a picture. My very favorite is the one where Mrs. Mozart fades away. A small suggestion: have the frames fade in and out instead of "jumping" from one to the next. Then it would flow as beautifully as the music.

      Good luck!
      Karen

      --- In IAG-members@yahoogroups.com, "ogygia1945" <mztswife@...> wrote:

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2nWizPX04k&feature=share
      >
      > This is the revised video for My Mozart, out on Kindle this summer. It's fairly basic, but I think the story gets told without a lot of superfluous chat.
      >
      > If anyone's got a moment, pls. take a look and share your impression.
      >
      > Thanks if you can...
      >
      > Juliet
      >
      > http://www.mozartswife.com
      > http://www.amazon.com/author/julietwaldron

    • Kris Jackson

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
          Good idea, in fact a pic of the book cover would be awesome

          --- In IAG-members@yahoogroups.com, Kris Jackson <kris@...> wrote:

          > A suggestion I would add to the others: at the end, where it shows the book title, don't have it in plain text like that. Use a script similar to what is on the book cover. This is the brand of your book and is very important.
          >
          > --Kris Jackson
          > 774-276-0116
          >
          > On Sep 28, 2012, at 4:53 PM, "ogygia1945" <mztswife@...> wrote:
          >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2nWizPX04k&feature=share
          > >
          > > This is the revised video for My Mozart, out on Kindle this summer. It's fairly basic, but I think the story gets told without a lot of superfluous chat.
          > >
          > > If anyone's got a moment, pls. take a look and share your impression.
          > >
          > > Thanks if you can...
          > >
          > > Juliet
          > >
          > > http://www.mozartswife.com
          > > http://www.amazon.com/author/julietwaldron

        • William Butler
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
            Hi Juliet:

            May I ask what software was used to create the video. My favorite for slide show style videos is Photo Show; a free program from Microsoft.

            William

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2012
              Trailers are great, I have produced four and they upload easily from onetruemedia to YouTube and others. One of them has over 7500 views.
              Another marketing channel. Use them all.

              Author of
              The Low January Sun
              Murder in March Commons
              2027, New Madrid, Missouri
              The Bower Bird and Other Stories
              And just released -- Telephoto
              http://www.nuetzel.webs.com
              http://www.myspace.com/nuetzel
              http://www.facebook.com/nuetzel
              http://www.facebook.com/nuetzelfans
            • karenlevine125
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 4, 2012
                The good news is, I had a great time creating a trailer for my color vision book using windows movie maker.

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rze4lI9WyY

                The bad news is, I need to improve and update it and when I downloaded wmm onto my new computer, the new version wasn't compatible with the old and it wouldn't even open my wmm working files. Arg!

                Any suggestions? I'm not sure what the original wmm version was. Should I find an old version, or redo the whole darn thing with the new wmm, or find some other software? John, you mentioned onetruemedia. Is that user-friendly?

                Thanks
                Karen

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 4, 2012
                  Karen:
                  Older versions of Movie Maker can still be had since it was a free download from Microsoft. However, some will not install in Windows 7. If they won’t you can copy the installation folder from your old computer (taking for granted you still have your old computer) and then “register” several of the DLL files manually in Windows 7.
                  I keep both versions (new and old) on my computer because there are some effects in the new that can’t be replicated in the old but I like the text overlay in old version. The old version can be found at the Microsoft Download Center website.
                  Be well,
                  William

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 4, 2012
                    William
                    I'll try to be nice to my old ASUS (A-Sorry-Ass-System) and see if it will stay awake long enought for me to verify the wmm version. If I can't download it onto the new computer, I'll be back to decipher the rest of your advice ;-)

                    Thanks very much.
                    Karen

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 4, 2012
                      Very user friendly, I highly recommend onetruemedia, plus they have traffic of their own, about 20% of YouTube.