Re: JR Piano Recital Dates?

  • pheist1
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13, 2007
      We haven't spoken to any piano teachers but Peter was also told that the piano recital
      would be Friday the 20th.

      --- In IACJRparents@yahoogroups.com, "saraarons" <saraarons@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know if the Jr. Piano recital is really this Friday
      > (7/13) or next Friday (7/20)? The on-line performance calendar says
      > its on 7/13, but the curriculum director at the parent meeting said
      > it is usually the last Friday of camp. My daughter seems to think
      > there is one on both days. Has anyone talked to the piano teachers
      > to confirm?
      >

      > --- In IACJRparents@yahoogroups.com, "pheist1" <pheist1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well we heard from Tim today and he is having such a great time!
      > He said he is making lots
      > > of really fun friends! His only disappointment is that he can't
      > go to the ice-cream shop daily!
      > > I am so pleased that he loves all his piano teachers and he just
      > sounds so happy! I somehow
      > > didn't pack him any pants to wear other than sweats - oops! -
      > apparently the high tomorrow
      > > is only going to be 65. I thought they gave out a pair of
      > courdoroy pants that they could
      > > wear - apparently those pants are for performances only. At least
      > thats what Tim says. He
      > > will manage I'm sure! Paula

    • lois_15354
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 14, 2007
        My son says that he is having a great time, too, and he loves his viola teacher and the
        music they have given him. He also mentioned his arts exploration class being particularly
        good. His only wish was that I had packed more recreation clothes -- I guess I didn't
        realize that they would change out of their uniform every day for recreation -- it's only 45
        minutes. I only sent three t-shirts and two pairs of athletic shorts. I told him to buy
        another t-shirt at the Scholarshop, I hope they let him with no problems!
      • karen couf-cohen
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 15, 2007
          What number do you call to speak to your kids?? Do they give you the # when you check them in??

          Coming this Sunday!!

          Karen Cohen mom of Sarah 9 - Jr. GLobal arts major

          Connie Hecker <cmthecker@...> wrote:
          I have heard from my daughter several times, and the
          first time I learned that Sunday and Monday are great
          times for me to call there, then they transfer me back
          to her area, and they page the children and you can
          talk with them. It's great.

          --- pheist1 <pheist1@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone heard from their campers? Tim is in
          > cabin 2. He has left 2 messages saying
          > camp is great! I am so pleased to hear how happy he
          > is. My understanding is cabin 2 is on
          > the lake but that's all the info I have received to
          > date. Both times Tim called he left messages
          > so I couldn't ask any questions about camp life. He
          > has commented that the ice cream shop
          > is the best! Would love to hear any news about the
          > junior boys! Thanks, from an overly
          > excited parent! Paula

          Finding fabulous fares is fun.

        • Connie Hecker
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 15, 2007
            Just call the main Interlochen number. If the kids
            contact you, all the numbers just come up as the
            switchboard (safety), so it really is fine. (231) 276
            7200
            They will still have a time limit. Enjoy, I heard
            from her again today and after 3 weeks, this 10 yr old
            is sounding a little homesick, but I think it is just
            the less busy weekend- which she says she loves. her
            only complaint about camp is the knickers! Says they
            hurt!

            Enjoy,
            Connie
            --- karen couf-cohen <couflinks@...> wrote:

            > What number do you call to speak to your kids?? Do
            > they give you the # when you check them in??
            >
            > Coming this Sunday!!
            >
            > Karen Cohen mom of Sarah 9 - Jr. GLobal arts major
            >
            > Connie Hecker <cmthecker@...> wrote:
            > I have heard from my daughter several
            > times, and the
            > first time I learned that Sunday and Monday are
            > great
            > times for me to call there, then they transfer me
            > back
            > to her area, and they page the children and you can
            > talk with them. It's great.
            >
            > --- pheist1 <pheist1@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Has anyone heard from their campers? Tim is in
            > > cabin 2. He has left 2 messages saying
            > > camp is great! I am so pleased to hear how happy
            > he
            > > is. My understanding is cabin 2 is on
            > > the lake but that's all the info I have received
            > > date. Both times Tim called he left messages
            > > so I couldn't ask any questions about camp life.
            > He
            > > has commented that the ice cream shop
            > > is the best! Would love to hear any news about the
            > > junior boys! Thanks, from an overly
            > > excited parent! Paula

            > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
            > Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel
            > sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

            > removed]

            Got a little couch potato?
          • lois_15354
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 17, 2007
              There should be a number for junior girls. They have some free-ish
              time after dinner and before cabin cleanup at night. Usually between
              6-8. If you call the junior girls headquarters, and the girls aren't
              off at a concert or other cabin activity, they can page your daughter
              and they let you talk for up to five-ten minutes.
            • karen couf-cohen