Re: [I2I] Re: Lambda Legal Freedom To Marry Reception

  • BW Infinity
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
      I'm trying another file. Hope this works. Rick Garcia will be the guest speaker and we will have lots of appetizers, cake, and more. New since the last post--WE WILL HAVE A COFFEE STATION!!

      I2I is partnering in this event! As a partner, in addition to our logo on all ads, flyers, and invitations, we are also allowed one advertising piece for the information table at the event.  We will need to bring one advertising piece whether it is postcard or flyer for an upcoming event, business cards, etc. – whatever we feel will provide the most mileage for our organization - for the information table. Whoever will be bringing it will need to arrive at the event and drop the material off at the reception table.

      Since I'm on the planning committee, I will be there very early for set up, and whoever will have the material can hook up with me beforehand next week, and I can just bring it with me to the event. And even if someone makes it up, I can make the photocopies (how many? they suggest 200-300 at most, but from previous experience, I think that might be alot, but better more than not enough, right? Besides, we could use extras for further outreach opportunities).

      Who else will be attending?
      If you are attending and haven't already, please RSVP to Catina Lowery at Lambda Legal so we can get an idea of numbers for food and stuff. RSVPing is not required but it sure does help us out in planning :)

      RSVP to Catina Lowery: clowery@... (clowery[AT]lambdalegal.org) or call 312-663-4413

      Street parking in the area is typical of Belmont (scarce), so if you have limited mobility and require close parking, let Catina know when you RSVP, so we can arrange for a parking pass. Parking passes are limited, so please contact her as soon as possible.
      Onsite information table for partners & sponsors.

      I've attached another copy of the invite which has our logo that went out to THOUSANDS -- EXCELLENT PR!

      Marriage Equality Matters!
      Lambda Legal, High Risk Gallery & Coup de Gras Catering
      cordially invite you to the

      5
      th Annual
      Freedom to Marry Reception:
      A Special Evening of Love, Equality & Action

      at High Risk Gallery
      1113 W. Belmont, Chicago
      Thursday, February 9
      th, 2006, 7 pm ~ 9 pm (doors open at 6:30pm)

      Be part of a movement!
      A free event to honor the commitments of local same-sex couples, and to shower appreciation on supportive family & friends.

      Guest speaker: Rick Garcia, Equality Illinois
      music ~ cake-cutting ~ bouquet toss ~ hors d’oeuvres ~ cash bar
      Chance to win a romantic weekend for two at the Palmer House Hilton!

      Thanks,
      MichelleBW

      mostexcellent00 <mostexcellent00@...> wrote:
      I couldn't open the attachments for this event. Any help would be
      appreciated. Thanks! Lola

      --- In I2I@yahoogroups.com, BW Infinity <bwinfinity@y...> wrote:

      >       Thank you again for partnering with Lambda Legal for the
      Freedom To Marry Reception.  Attached are "Save the Date" flyers you
      can send to your members and listserves as well as the Invitations
      that are mailed out.  If you have any snail mail address lists you
      would like to mail invitations to, please let me know approximately
      how many to snail mail to. We may be able to use Lambda Legal
      resources to mail them out for you--I'll let you know on Friday.

      > We are also needing about 20 more volunteers for on-site. If members
      from your group or if you know anyone who has an interest in
      volunteering please have them contact Catina Lowery at Lambda Legal
      ASAP - everyone with an interest is welcome! Volunteer needs are:
      reception table, speaking to guests to take action, coat check and
      break-down after the event.  Catina's can be reached via email at:
      CLowery@l... or by phone (312)663-4413.

      >   Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you at this event!
      >
      >   ~Michelle BW
      >

      > We are looking for other same-sex couples to share their stories for
      our online project,
      > "Love Stories: A Photo Journal by and about Loving and Committed
      Same-Sex Couples in Illinois."
      http://www.BWInfinity.com/equality

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
        oops...forgot to attach the invite. :)

        BW Infinity <bwinfinity@...> wrote:
> [...]

        > "Love Stories: A Photo Journal by and about Loving and Committed
        Same-Sex Couples in Illinois."
        > For more info, visit our Marriage Equality Matters personal site:
        http://www.BWInfinity.com/equality

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Photos
        >  Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
        holidays, whatever.

        We are looking for other same-sex couples to share their stories for our online project,
        "Love Stories: A Photo Journal by and about Loving and Committed Same-Sex Couples in Illinois."
        For more info, visit our Marriage Equality Matters personal site: http://www.BWInfinity.com/equality

        We are looking for other same-sex couples to share their stories for our online project,
        "Love Stories: A Photo Journal by and about Loving and Committed Same-Sex Couples in Illinois."

      • Karl Kimpo
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
          I2I unfortunately does not have any materials prepared at the moment.  I can try to come up with a temporary brochure/flyer before the event.  (Which is just as well because then we can use it for the potluck, too.)

          Who all is going to this next week?  I am going.

          Karl

          Asian dating Asian single

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          --
          ----
          --------
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
            Re: [I2I] Re: Lambda Legal Freedom To Marry Reception I already have dinner plans.  I Li

            From: Karl Kimpo <opmik75@...>
            Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:38:58 -0500
            To: I2I@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [I2I] Re: Lambda Legal Freedom To Marry Reception

            Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/viruscc/*http://communications.yahoo.com/features.php?page=221> helps detect nasty viruses!

            We are looking for other same-sex couples to share their stories for our online project,
            "Love Stories: A Photo Journal by and about Loving and Committed Same-Sex Couples in Illinois."
            For more info, visit our Marriage Equality Matters personal site: http://www.BWInfinity.com/equality

            PhotoMail  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/PMDEF3/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com> - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

            Asian dating <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&amp;k=Asian+dating&amp;w1=Asian+dating&amp;w2=Asian+single&amp;c=2&amp;s=36&amp;.sig=OCxhL4CLB9drIsd3CNn_Og> Asian single <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&amp;k=Asian+single&amp;w1=Asian+dating&amp;w2=Asian+single&amp;c=2&amp;s=36&amp;.sig=1C1Pxy4RSgaAl9fyMh-tpQ>

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            ----
            --------
            --------/--------/--------/--------/--------/--------

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006
              Thanks for doing that, Karl! If you need any help, let me know,k? I
              will be at the reception, too! Lola

              --- In I2I@yahoogroups.com, Karl Kimpo <opmik75@...> wrote:

              > I2I unfortunately does not have any materials prepared at the
              moment. I can
              > try to come up with a temporary brochure/flyer before the event.
              (Which is
              > just as well because then we can use it for the potluck, too.)
              >
              > Who all is going to this next week? I am going.
              >
              > Karl
            • Elizabeth Thomson
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006
                I remember at the meeting in Andersonville, that I committed to putting together a simple fact sheet. I will do this and e-mail a draft by Tuesday. I will be at the marriage thing, so I can bring the copies then and also some copies for you all on Saturday.

                liz

                Asian datingAsian single

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                --
                ----
                --------
                "...artisitic expression has an infinite capability of expressing a myriad of emotions such as anger, humor, passion, love, etc.  If we are all inherently human when we strip away all social labels and stereotypes, then everyone should be able to identify with these human emotions regardless of sexual orientation, gender, class, color, age, etc.  Thus, it can be concluded that art is the ultimate bridge between the oppressors and the oppressed, the great equalizer that humanizes us all."
                --------
                ----

                liz thomson
                thomson_liz@...