I2I Meeting, Sunday, December 4

  • Elizabeth Thomson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
      Let's regroup before the craziness of the holidays!

      Please be respectful of everyone's time and be there at 4 p.m. We will start to wrap everything up by 5:30 p.m., so we can end by 6 p.m. sharp.

      Sunday, December 4
      4-6 p.m.
      A Taste of Heaven
      5401 N. Clark

      Proposed discussion items:
      Short-term (next 6 mos) and long-term goals (next 12 mos) and activities
      Conference report back of Queer Pinoy Conference at Berkely (Karl) and Creating Change Conference (Karl and Liz)

      liz thomson
      thomson_liz@...

      Yahoo! Personals
    • BW Infinity
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
        Hey, all!

        Lambda Legal has invited I2I to participate as a partnering organization for the 2006 Freedom To Marry Reception!

        All that is requested from partnering organizations is to help spread the word and encourage others to attend--post the event to your listserves/email/mailing lists, announce event at meetings, etc.

        Lambda Legal's Freedom to Marry Reception will take place during Freedom To Marry Week 2006.  Every year, Lambda Legal hosts a Freedom To Marry Reception, and this upcoming reception will tentatively take place on Thursday, Feb. 9th. The theme is "Marriage Equality Matters."  During the reception, a guest speaker will briefly discuss the importance for marriage equality, and then the remainder of the evening will focus on celebrating our community and our relationships.  There will be music, toasting, some dancing, cutting of wedding cakes, bouquet/garter toss, and more!  The event is FREE!

        Partnering organizations & their logos will be listed on all PR materials, ads, and invitations for the event and, during the event, will be able to leave materials/brochures about their organization for attendees to take with them.

        If I2I is interested in partnering, I will need to know by this Wednesday and will then need a logo by this Friday to insure I2I will be included in the first batch of PR and ads for the event.

        I have a study group now, and if we wrap up early, I'll head out to the meeting.  If not, can this please be addressed at the meeting, and let me know what is decided.

        Thanks!

        ~Michelle

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
              My thoughts on submitting a logo...

              I'm on the fence.  I also have concerns about coming to consensus about a logo so soon.  But if we came up with a temporary graphic that was minimalist and basic that we would use on a low key basis (like the FTM event where our logo will be with other logos as opposed to I2I literature, website, etc. with our logo front and center) I'd be fine with that as well.

              Karl

              On 12/5/05, Denys Lau <denystlau@...> wrote:
[...]

              Asian dating Asian single

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS