Star Trek star George Takei comes out

  • Karl Kimpo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      Advocate.com
      27 Oct 05
      http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid22037.asp

      Star Trek star George Takei comes out

      Actor George Takei, best known as Mr. Sulu on the classic TV series Star
      Trek, comes out of the closet in the new issue of Frontiers. Or rather,
      as he tells editor Alexander Cho, "it's not really coming out, which
      suggests opening a door and stepping through. It's more like a long,
      long walk through what began as a narrow corridor that starts to widen."
      In the interview, the 68-year-old actor also discusses his childhood in
      a Japanese-American internment camp, his 18-year relationship, his
      siblings' inability to accept his homosexuality, and the upcoming Los
      Angeles production of Equus in which he stars.

      --
      ----
      --------