Fw: advocacy day event

  • thomson_liz@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
    From Asian American Institute! Liz
    Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.

    From: Viveka Ray-Mazumder <viveka@...>
    Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:36:47 -0500
    To: liz thomson<thomson_liz@...>; Juana Peralta<juanapperalta@...>
    Subject: advocacy day event

    Hi both,

    Any chance you could get this message out to interested i2i/dyke march/uic folx?  May 8th will be a historic day down in Springfield where we will announce the first ever Asian American Legislative Caucus (incidentally the first ever AA caucus in the US without any Asian Americans).  We will have a rally and then also support ICIRR's advocacy day pushing our issues that call for: all kids healthcare coverage, SB 1064 (bill to stop privatization of detention centers), and the ability for all illinois motorists regardless of citizenship status to secure a drivers license.

    Anyway, if people are interested in joining us down in Springfield, we will have a number of buses leaving from Chicago on Tuesday.  There is a flyer attached with details, and they can contact me directly about their interest.

    Thanks!

    --
    Vi Ray-Mazumder
    Collective Member

    Transformative Justice Law Project of Illinois
    2040 N. Milwaukee Ave.
    Chicago, IL 60647
    773.272.1822 (p)
    773.305.1676 (f)