Re: [I2I] Poss. Movie Night on Thanksgiving or Nov 20

  • Joy Messinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
      This sounds fun! I wouldn't be able to make it to something on Thanksgiving but might be able to come on the 20th.

      Joy

      -----
      Joy Messinger, MPH
      MSW student, Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago
      Social Work Intern, Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health
      Research Assistant, Healthy Little Lives Project, RTI International

      "If we want a beloved community, we must stand for justice, have recognition for difference without attaching difference to privilege." -- bell hooks

      On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Dwight Okita <dwightokita@...> wrote:

      Hi Folks,

      Happy Scary Halloween. Just wanted to give a heads up and see if there is support for this event. Some time ago, we had a movie night at Kevin's that was very well-attended.

      Since Will's Dance Party and Liz's Safe Zones had to be cancelled for November, we wondered who might be interested in attending and supporting a Movie Night in Nov. Kevin offered to host at his place Sat Nov. 20th or Thurs Nov 25th (Thanksgiving). And some folks can't be with family on T day. It sounds like Kevin and I Li kind of like the idea of gathering on Thanksgiving.

      We'd surely do pot luck. And folks could bring DVD movies to share and we'd vote on which ones we want to watch. Maybe popcorn and nonpareils could be worked into the evening.

      Please let us know on the listserv. Especially if you'd like to attend a movie night -- and which date you could make. Thanks. And thanks to Kevin for offering.

      Thanks to all for your presentness and your passion,
      Dwight

    • Dwight Okita
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
        Hi Joy,

        It's nice to hear from you. You are one of the first two respond, so we will definitely consider doing the movie night on the 20th. Watch the listserv as final details become available.

        Dwight

        --- In I2I@yahoogroups.com, Joy Messinger <joy.messinger@...> wrote:

        > This sounds fun! I wouldn't be able to make it to something on Thanksgiving
        > but might be able to come on the 20th.
        >
        > Joy
        >

        > -----
        > *Joy Messinger, MPH*
        > MSW student, Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at
        > Chicago
        > Social Work Intern, Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health
        > Research Assistant, *Healthy Little Lives* Project, RTI International
        >
        > "If we want a beloved community, we must stand for justice, have recognition
        > for difference without attaching difference to privilege." -- bell hooks
        >

        > On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Dwight Okita <dwightokita@...>wrote:
        >

        > > Hi Folks,
        > >
        > > Happy Scary Halloween. Just wanted to give a heads up and see if there is
        > > support for this event. Some time ago, we had a movie night at Kevin's that
        > > was very well-attended.
        > >
        > > Since Will's Dance Party and Liz's Safe Zones had to be cancelled for
        > > November, we wondered who might be interested in attending and supporting a
        > > Movie Night in Nov. Kevin offered to host at his place Sat Nov. 20th or
        > > Thurs Nov 25th (Thanksgiving). And some folks can't be with family on T day.
        > > It sounds like Kevin and I Li kind of like the idea of gathering on
        > > Thanksgiving.
        > >
        > > We'd surely do pot luck. And folks could bring DVD movies to share and we'd
        > > vote on which ones we want to watch. Maybe popcorn and nonpareils could be
        > > worked into the evening.
        > >
        > > Please let us know on the listserv. Especially if you'd like to attend a
        > > movie night -- and which date you could make. Thanks. And thanks to Kevin
        > > for offering.
        > >
        > > Thanks to all for your presentness and your passion,
        > > Dwight

      • JeeYeun Lee
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
          hi hi - movie night sounds like fun! i'll be out of town on the 20th, and not available on thanksgiving day, but will try to make it to the social in december!

          JeeYeun