Asian American Sexualities Conference - March 7th - this coming Saturday!!

  • magpie7542
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 9:07 PM
      Hey i2iers!

      Ok, folks, we're rounding up a group to attend the Asian American
      Sexualities Conference this coming Saturday at the University of
      Chicago. The schedule promises some very interesting presentations
      that are immediately relevant to us as queer API. i2i's own Myron
      Dean Quon will be one of the presenters as well. As I'm sure the
      day's events will provoke some lively discussion, we are inviting all
      attending to dine with us afterwards.

      Bruce previously sent the schedule with full details. (thanks Bruce!)
      I can forward again if anyone needs it. Here are the basics:

      Location:
      University of Chicago
      Social Sciences 122
      1126 E. 59th St
      Chicago, IL 60637

      Registration and breakfast begin at 8:30am
      Presentations from 9a - 5p
      Free and open to the public.

      Any who are interested in meeting up:

      *Let's try to be there at 8:30 (so we can get free breakfast, of
      course :)

      *If you have trouble finding i2i folks, or have not met any of us yet,
      give me (Maggie) a call, and we will come to claim you (i mean,
      introduce you to the rest of the group). 708-408-1542.

      *We are planning to dine together afterwards at a nearby restaurant. I
      am suggesting Cafe Florian.(visit link for details: http://www.yelp.com/biz/caffe-florian-
      chicago#hrid:JpZx8yfkOvHls9KJr0t92A/src:search/query:cafe florian)
      But other ideas/suggestions are welcome.

      *Please respond to this email to let me know you are coming in case we
      have a large group that is interested and should make dining
      reservations.

      *Anyone who needs a ride or would like to carpool from the Lincoln
      Park area, let me know - 708-408-1542.

      Hope to see many of you there!

      Have a great week,

      Maggie