      From: Transformative Justice Law Project of Illinois <info@...>
      Date: Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM
      Subject: Prison Abolition Rally and Picnic -- this Sunday!
      To: tjlp_updates@...

      Dear Chicago radicals, revolutionaries, and fans of TJLP,

      To honor the histories of our gay, queer, and trans communities who have fought against police violence and incarceration, and to resist the corporate takeover and racism of gay pride marches, the Transformative Justice Law Project invites you to celebrate pride weekend with us at our Prison Abolition Rally and Picnic!

      Prison Abolition Rally & PICnic
      Sunday, June 29
      1:00pm - 6:00pm
      Montrose Beach at Lawrence Ave.

      We will be grilling and food will be provided! We will informally discuss the impact of the prison-industrial complex (PIC) on LGBTQ communities, share stories of struggle and resilience, and discuss TJLP's current projects and volunteer opportunities. We will also be accepting donations for transgender folks getting released from lockup, including Ventra cards, gift cards, small accessories, binders, etc.

      Spread the word -- and we hope to see you there!

      In Solidarity,
      TJLP Collective

      --
      Transformative Justice Law Project of Illinois
      4707 N. Broadway

      This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose, distribute or copy this communication. Please notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error and delete the original and any copy of the e-mail.

      --
      Nebula Li, J.D.
      University of Chicago Law School, Class of 2011