3067THURSDAY event re: Police Brutality Against Chicago Asian American Woman

  • Nebula Li
    May 27, 2014
      Hey i2i, NAPAWF, API Organizers, and NLG TUPOCC Chicago --

      fyi, this email will reference police brutality, anti-immigrant violence, anti-woman violence

      There is a new campaign by Asian American youth and youth allies, responding to a recent case of police brutality, where a Chicago Police Dept cop hit an Asian American woman across the head, shouting stuff like "I"ll put you in a UPS box and send you back to wherever the f*** you came from."

      Tomorrow  Wednesday May 27

      Go on twitter under ‪#‎CopOut‬ TOMORROW 3-5PM CST.

      Thursday May 28
      There will be an action - a short press conference then delivering a UPS box to Mayor Emanuel's office to voice Asian American community's response and outrage, as well as solidarity with all survivors and victims of police brutality

      "Join us in front of the mayor's office as we ask for justice for Jianqing “Jessica” Klyzek and call attention to the structural racism, misogyny, and xenophobia in Chicago Police Department. We will also deliver a UPS box plastered with stories and photos of our immigrant communities.

      We are outraged by the actions of our local law enforcement and ask the Mayor of Chicago to take action for more accountability for those involved!

      **Please join THIS Thursday in front of the mayor's office around 9:30am. Our press conference will start at 10am. "

      I encourage folks to participate in these actions if they can, and to reach out to the organizers from the Facebook event if they have questions.

      Nebula Li, J.D.
      University of Chicago Law School, Class of 2011
      Attorney-at-Law, Licensed in Illinois
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic