      From: Rachel Kuo <rachelskuo@...>
      Date: Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM
      Subject: Writing for ALIST Magazine
      To: Rachel Kuo <rachelskuo@...>

      Hello wonderful people,

      Get excited! As the new Managing Editor of ALIST Digital, I am inviting amazing people like you to join the ALIST Digital team as a writer or contributor. You are people that I trust and look forward to working more (or again) with. Please also forward this to those that you think would be a good fit.

      ALIST is a one-year old volunteer-run magazine that tells stories and narratives about how the Asian American diaspora is shifting and changing the social and cultural landscape.  These are stories of ways Asian Americans are redefining the world around us, and why our community matters.

      As ALIST grows and expands, my goal is to bring people onto the team that can holistically, responsibly, and justly tell good stories, in either the written or visual form, both short and long form.

      While some of ALIST stories have focused on individual and organization successes, I’m also looking for features that trace histories, traditions, and impacts. For example, did you know that Asian immigrant-owned grocery stores in the Mississippi Delta were the only places that people of color were allowed to shop before the Civil Rights era? And now today, one of those grocery stores has become a popular and lucrative snack provider (um, deep fried pork skin! amazing!!!). I want stories about ways that we’re connecting and building with each other and with other communities.

      My hope is that writers will write at least 2 posts per week and contributors at least 2 times a month.  If you are interested (or know someone who is), please send me a brief statement about what you’d like to help with and if possible, links to any of your work.

      I am looking for writers on the following categories:

      Current Events:

      Literature, Creative Stories:

      All my best,

      Rachel Kuo