2938OUT for Work Career Conference; September 27-29; UIC

  • Liz Thomson
    Sep 6, 2013
      Dear i2i folks and allies!

      I'm a co-chair for this conference, and would love to invite people to register with the discounted UIC community code - "UIC13." While it is geared to college students, it would be appropriate for mature high school students and adults in a career change. Please feel free to email me directly with any questions. TAKE ADVANTAGE of a national conference in our own city!!! liz

      Our own Chicago Mona Noriega is one of the keynote speakers.

      Feel free to spread to other community orgs!

      The text below is for an easy copy/paste.

      Thanks so much!

      liz

      OUT for Work LGBTQ and Ally Career Conference 2013
      September 27-29, 2013
      University of Illinois at Chicago, 750 S. Halsted St.
      http://www.outforwork.org/conferences/2013/national/default.asp

      UIC Community Code: UIC13 (for $10 returnable deposit)

      Friday evening: Reception at Center on Halsted
      Saturday: Keynote speakers, breakout sessions
      Sunday: Resume review sessions, Career Fair w/over 50 employers

      - Great for students and recent graduates looking for part-time and full-time work
      - Corporate industry and non-profit sector
      - Geared to college students, but would be appropriate for mature high school students and young adults
      - Diverse speakers of many identities

      UIC Contacts:
      Liz Thomson, lthomson@...; 312-413-7696
      Mark Martell, mmartell@...