Re: Big Y results update: HUFF?

  • Mike Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2014

      Hey Wayne,

      Where are you going to place Huff (#286618) now that he is CTS1977-?

      Mike

      #18187

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2014
        Good Morning Mike,

        Huff is interesting as he recently received his Big Y test results which showed for Known SNPs that he was L801+, Z76+, Z2198+ but CTS6433-, CTS1977- and L1317-. This would place him with singleton, Arnold, even though they have quite diverse haplotypes.

        When Huff ordered CTS1977, I emailed him advising him to cancel his order as his Big Y already showed his status for CTS1977. I asked FTDNA to cancel the order when he did not respond back to me by before it would be batched to the lab. They said they had put it on hold and would wait on a reply from him to cancel it. I guess it did not come.

        So for now, Huff is an unknown new branch, parallel to CTS6433, CTS1977 and L1290/L1317 branches. I am hoping after all the Big Y results are in, we will be able to work out some specific SNPs for this new branch.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2014

          Thank you.  Very Interesting.