V-218

  • Brian McCall
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2014
      It is possible. I may misquote a SNP designation.
      A long time ago. I tested fro L147. it is listed as L147.1,L147.2,L147.3,147.4. At the time, we simply tested for l147. if you were negative. You were negative at all 4 areas, of the location L147. I specifically asked FT DNA to list my L147 location as negative. As it was, important to I-M223. Where, it would be easier to understand. That is why. My results have L147 listed twice- like Morley's Tree stated. Kit #127052
      Well, I also, tested for V218. Where, my results came back negative. This was a long time ago. If we consider the testing since, V218 was recommended. It shows as approximately, I-M253 on the y-draft tree. I know. The Big Y results are pending. It is getting close to Big Y completion dates. But, I decided to take a quick look at the FT DNA YCC draft tree. I understand it is a draft tree. I did not check the latest update. I assume. It has been a long time.
       So, I happened to see V218 as approx. I-M253. It is also present in another HG. I tested for the same V218 shown approx. M253.I cannot be I-M253 and I-M223 both. I also, noticed my M170, P19 positive results switched to presumed positive. I brushed it off, as an FT DNA necessary evil. But, yeah switched from positive to presumed positive.
       I hope. That stuff like V218 does not remain indicative. It is 17 Feb 2014 here, today. I guess. I could have waited another 11 days- the expected date of my Big Y test. Before, I decided to scan the old YCC draft tree.
      Brian
    • Brian McCall

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2014
          Hello Brian,

          The way I read the FTDNA draft phylogenetic tree is that V218 is positive for all of Haplogroup I so both I1 and I2 are positive.

          As for L147, the L147.1, L147.2, L147.3 and L147.4 means that L147 has been found derived in four different Haplogroups. In our Haplogroup it is found derived for the Cont2c members.

          Thanks