A little off topic for 223

  • stevelauzon@yahoo.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2014

      I was wondering if any members here know of anyone / company who could help me make sense of my admixture results? I am very interested in my genetic heritage because I know pretty well nothing about it. My gedmatch results seem to be all over the place and I can't make much sense of it! So any help or advice would be appreciated!

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2014
        Steve,

        Though I am interested also, I have not had the time to look into this area of mine and my families' autosomal DNA or X chromosome.

        I have seen quite a bit of discussion on this subject and various methods and programs available. Are you on the Roots Web DNA mailing list or Haplogroup I mailing list? I think they also discuss it on ISOGG group on Facebook. I'm sure you could post questions about it on those and get some responses. Perhaps some members here have also seen them or looked into it themself.

        Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:12 PM
        Subject: [I-M223] A little off topic for 223

        I was wondering if any members here know of anyone / company who could help me make sense of my admixture results? I am very interested in my genetic heritage because I know pretty well nothing about it. My gedmatch results seem to be all over the place and I can't make much sense of it! So any help or advice would be appreciated!

      • qumavren
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2014
          Hello Steve,
          If you use Eurogenes K13 model you can ask the author about his interpretation your result at his blog:
          http://bga101.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/geographicethnic-peaks-in-eurogenes.html
          In the comments of this blog Erik Schaefer has put a link to Facebook.

          If you use MDLP World-22 model (or others MDLP) you can ask the author about his interpretation by email vadimvernich@...

          You can use Dodecad models but an author closed his project at the end of December 2012.

          If you use HarappaWorld model you can ask the author about his interpretation by email harappa@...

          Regards,
          Tom