Big Y ordered

  • joaobraz_2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2013
      OK after reading and reading different messages, I decided to order the test too! Hopefully it will help knowing a little more about my particular branch (L1198+,Z166+) and the whole structure of the M223 group.

      JOAO
      260237
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 23, 2013

        That is good news Joao.

        The Z161 sector is very complicated and I think between the Big Y test, Chromo 2 test and Full Genomes test, we will see a radical expansion of the I-M223 tree for the Z161 sector with SNPs identified for a new branch parallel to L801 and L623 and new branches downstream of CTS6433, downstream of Z171, downstream of Z185, downstream of L1198, downstream of Z166, downstream of Z190 and downstream of L623, CTS1977 and L1290.

        An individual SNP test result just in for Rynehart kit 208157 has him L1290+.

        We also see Fitzgerald kit 284368 as Z78-, DeGraaf kit N54361 as Z79- and Lewis kit 18691 as CTS1977+

        Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:27 AM
        Subject: [I-M223] Big Y ordered

        OK after reading and reading different messages, I decided to order the test too! Hopefully it will help knowing a little more about my particular branch (L1198+,Z166+) and the whole structure of the M223 group.

        JOAO
        260237

      • Randy M. Wilson

            Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:27 AM

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 23, 2013

              Hello Randy,

              I was going to email you as I saw the new SNP result come though. As your Fitzgerald is now Z78 ancestral, this would place him in to the large generic CTS6433+ Continental 2a group.

              With several of this large group ordering the Big Y test, it is hoped some new SNPs downstream of CTS6433 will be discovered and if FTDNA then lists some of these new SNPs for individual testing we can split this large group up into smaller groups.

              Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:27 AM