Full Y-DNA

  • qumavren
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 25, 2013
      I was waiting for news of new SNPs in the full DNA testing. Since I am not registered on FB, so I could check the current information. Today I read on a forum such information:
      "Well, we have the first results YFull
      (...)
      Each participant has reported dozens of new mutations: SNP, deletions and insertions!
      Record holder of 250 new SNP!

      and here are some examples from the FB where they discuss tested praising their "private" SNPs:
      - E1b-M35 - 25 new SNPs
      - I1a-Z58> Z140 - 41 new SNPs
      - I2a-M223 - 40 new SNPs
      - J1-L858 - 55 new SNPs
      - J2a-M223 - 52 new SNPs
      - R1a-L1029 - 37 new mutations (31 SNPs and 6 in / del) "

      (probably J2a should M322)

      Now I'm waiting to hear from Wayne his news.

      Other information, which was described, is that the test Geno 2.0 could be changed:
      "It was announced in August 2013 that the Genographic Project might be considering adopting another genotyping platform as early as 2014. Spencer Wells, the project's director, stated that the Genographic "could potentially use a different chip or supplement its existing platform with new content". He continued: " In part, it's driven by wanting to add new features, get more info out of the SNPs, and also the price [of genotyping arrays] has dropped over the past few years." Wells confirmed that "it would be a genotyping microarray, rather than some other genotyping technology"."
      Source: http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Genographic_Project

      Regards,
      Tom
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 25, 2013

        Hello Tom,

        Yes, Adam Waalkes, kit 144628 and L1198+ in our I-M223 Project was found to have 40 new SNPs. Not all will be downstream of L1198. He also appears to be derived for many other known/named SNPs such as Z166 and PF3290 and others from the 1000 Genomes Study. The 40 newly discovered SNPs have been named FG1745 through to FG1784.

        My own Full Genomes Y sequencing results should be out soon. We will then be able to compare both and see what FG SNPs are shared (ie. upstream of CTS616, CTS9183) and what SNPs are not shared (ie. downstream of CTS616, CTS9183 on my L1229 -- Z2054 branch and Adam's CTS10057 -- Z161 -- CTS6433 -- Z78 branch). As more M223+ people test, the more we will be able to define various branch SNP with the remainder most likely being family or private SNPs.

        It does appear they some M223+ reference samples from other studies such as 1000 Genomes that they have also tested at Full Genomes. These will be helpful in identifying which branches of our M223 tree some of the other derived known named SNPs fall along. One SNP that crops up derived is CTS8584 which was found in the 1000 Genomes Study and appears to be somewhere located between Z78 and Z166. We know Adam was Z190 ancestral and that Nelson's Geno 2.0 results showed he was Z166+, PF3590+, PF5268+, Z190-, F3595-, P195- so with Adam also Z166+ and PF3590+ from his FG results that PF5268 is downstream of PF3590 and there by will split those that eventually test PF3290+ into PF5268+ and PF5268- groups. I can also see that 1000 Genomes sample HG00136 and Adam are derived for an SNP at position 3884740 which is somewhere downstream of Z166 but not found derived for anyone Z190+.

        It will take quite a while to sort it all out.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 25, 2013
          Wayne,

          #99860, who is CTS6433+ (L801+, Z76+), tested positive for Z2198, but negative for PF3292 (Winter's "branch").

          In looking at Kenneth's Z161+ tree of August 28th, can you tell me where # 99860 fits?

          #99860 is also L1290-, CTS1977- and Z78-

          We aren't sure where Ray's placement would go at this point.  I am not too familiar with Kenneth's designations.  Thanks, Wayne!

          Denise

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 25, 2013

            Denise,

            Z2198 is believed to be phyloequivalent to close to L801 so all those members L801+, Z76+ and/or Z183+ and downstream will also be Z2198+. Wolf was the other person that has tested for Winter's PF3292 and was negative.

            The four branches of CTS6433 we have at present are:

            Z161 --> L801, Z76, Z183 --> CTS6433*
            Z161 --> L801, Z76, Z183 --> CTS6433 --> CTS661, L1272
            Z161 --> L801, Z76, Z183 --> CTS6433 --> CTS7010, PF3292 or CTS7010 --> PF3292 or PF3292 --> CTS7010
            Z161 --> L801, Z76, Z183 --> CTS6433 --> Z78, Z171*

            At present Ray, #99860 Wolf, and many others are on the CTS6433* branch.

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 25, 2013

              My apology to all, I made a couple of errors in the below message to Tom. That what I get writing at 3am in poor light.

              PF3290 should read as PF3590.
              F3595 should read as F3195.

              PF3590 appears as derived in all M223 members Geno 2.0 SNP results however their raw data files show the alleles as T T with Nelson showing T C while Krahn's ymap has ancestral as G and derived as A. So we have a different form here.