The face of L1228+ sector is changing

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2013
      You may have seen speculation recently of an Iberian twist to the
      Anglo-German dominated L1228+ sector. Well this seems to be materialising
      with the latest L1228 derived result for Martin González.

      He was previously in the Cont3a P78 sector but his SNP results released
      today shows he is L1228+ and P78-. His paternal ancestor's country of origin
      is Spain. We have several other potential L1228+ members of the I-M223
      Project with Spanish or Portuguese origins awaiting SNP results or ordering
      of SNP tests.

      The interesting development with the González result is that he is the first
      L1228+ person with DYS393=13 instead of 14 and DYS388=12 instead of 13 or
      for L1228+ L1227+ where it is 15. At least two clades are identified for
      L1228+. As we have more members confirmed as L1228+, these two and any
      others such as an Iberian clade will become clearer. Potential members
      should test for L1228 and members when they can should endeavour to have at
      least 67 markers. This will give us a better understanding of this
      sector/branch of the I-M223 tree and see what relationships exist between
      members' haplotypes.