Yipes! Where are We???

  • texasfalconer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2012
      Aaron,

      In going through Cont2a groups 1-5 I'm not able to figure out just where our Poldean group fits in. I've posted some of our members' test results on a spreadsheet in the Files section of this group if you care to view them.

      For YCA II a/b we have 19/21, and little else matches the parameters that you just posted...

      In tracing our line back in time we have documentation and oral family history which take our ancestors back to a knight of limited means who came over with William the Conqueror in 1066 AD. Our line is said to be of Danish Viking descent.

      Thanks,

      Cliff.
    • sallfertorr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2012
        Hello, Cliff

        You remain in the large Cont2a group (generics), until we see something (SNP or STR) that warrants moving you to a more specific group.

        Thank you,
        Aaron Torres

        --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, "texasfalconer" <texasfalconer@...> wrote:

        > Aaron,
        >
        > In going through Cont2a groups 1-5 I'm not able to figure out just where our Poldean group fits in. I've posted some of our members' test results on a spreadsheet in the Files section of this group if you care to view them.
        >
        > For YCA II a/b we have 19/21, and little else matches the parameters that you just posted...
        >
        > In tracing our line back in time we have documentation and oral family history which take our ancestors back to a knight of limited means who came over with William the Conqueror in 1066 AD. Our line is said to be of Danish Viking descent.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Cliff.

      • Clifford Johnston
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2012