Re: M284, L126 Isles Limbo with DYS568 = 7 (seven)

  • stephenctimmis
    Message 1 of 12 , May 23, 2013
      Thanks, Wayne.

      Obviously I find this interesting because I am directly involved in the DYS568=7 puzzle.

      I have a feeling there may be quite a few names out there because my haplotype is very wayward of the rest of the 568 Subhaplogroup. I am sure there must be haplotypes to fill the gulf. I do not mind being odd, but not as freaky as I seem tto be at the moment.

      Steve Timmis, Oxford UK

      Message 2 of 12 , May 25, 2013
        I don’t think DYS 568 changes very often.  My haplogroup I1, DF29- (old sector) brother has DYS 568 = 10, when normally it’s 11.   He belongs to a 1700 year old cluster, most of whom have it equal 11, but all of the Scottish families including ours have 10, and they also have a much smaller amount of genetic distance between them than do the rest of the group.

        Dora

        Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:54 AM
        Subject: [I-M223] Re: M284, L126 Isles Limbo with DYS568 = 7 (seven)

        --- In mailto:I-M223%40yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Roberts" <wayne_r_roberts@...> wrote:

        Stephen,

        > You will have a another member to add to your DYS568=7
        clade. STR marker results have been posted for Donovan Dennis Whitfield kit 273350 and he has the distinctive DYS568=7.

        > Aaron might
        consider setting up Isles Limbo Group 1 with DYS568=12 and Isles Limbo Group 2 with DYS568=7 now there are several names involved in your clade and given the age of it.

        > Wayne

        href="mailto:I-M223%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:I-M223%40yahoogroups.com

        href="mailto:I-M223%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:I-M223%40yahoogroups.com, "Dora Smith" wrote:

        > > > Oh, I didnâ?Tt know the
        files section exists. Tomorrow afternoon Iâ?Tll try to get to look at it.

        > > > Dora

        kit number is 127642.

        uploaded a small Excel File (ODF format can be provided)of people that are clearly L126, and have DYS568 = 7. (Not all have all STR's but the pattern makes it clear that they are very close cousins to those that do).

        following. I openly confess that I am not bright enough to work these things out for myself, but I think the implications of what I am trying to think could be highly significant.

        normal values for DYS568 is 11 or 12, can it be reasonably assumed that any with DYS568 = 7 are all descended from one original male ancestor?

        English Haplotype and others show features of Isles Scot Haplotype.

        L126 Isles Scot do not display DYS568 = 7, then it must be the case that the evolution took the form M284 - L126 - DYS568=7. This means that the DYS568 = 7 group must be younger than the Isles Scot group.

        568=7 group are displaying features of being Isles English (eg 393=14, 439=10, 389=30, 459=8-10, 464=11-14-15-15). Others in the group hold steadfastly to the Isles Scot Haplotype.

        the chances, given the above, that Isles English and Scot show parallel development from Isles-P? What is the chance that the typically Isles English STR's developed from the Isles Scot Haplotype, rather than the other way round? Could this actually mean that STR mutations are very haphazard within SNP defined haplogroups, and that age estimates need to be thoroughly recalculated because STR's are mutating backwards and forwards at a faster rate than previously assumed?

      • darkdarkwing
        Message 3 of 12 , May 29, 2013
          Hi Wayne and Stephen,

          I requested the L126 test today. I am awaiting results for the rest of my Y STR 111. I am also awaiting the results of the L1195 test.

          Kind regards,
          Don
          Kit: 273350