Re: SNP's CTS10057 and CTS10100

  • lruddick
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2013

      Aaron, Wayne, et al:

      Looking at this new chart (http://www.familytreedna.com/public/M223-Y-Clan/default.aspx?section=results)  I no longer find 1.2.1.0.1- M223  What has happened to our subgroup?

      Lewis M. Ruddick 14236

      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2013
        Lewis,

        The link below is to the SNP tree for I-M223. It does not take into account subgrouping based on STR markers.

        You will find the code for the terminal SNP L1229 is 1.2.1. The code for your grouping based on SNP and STR markers in the coloured results page corresponds to this same SNP code 1.2.1 with a code for your STR grouping added on, eg 1.2.1.0.1.

        SNP codes and SNP/STR group codes in the Project may change as new SNP are discovered and as more people test up to 111 STR markers which may identify further subgroups. So please don't concern yourself with the codes, the main focus should be your known terminal SNP first followed by your specific STR markers that may place you into a subgroup.

        In your case, your terminal SNP remains as L1229 for now and your specific STR markers DYS446=9, DYS531=11 and DYS456=14.

        Regards
        Message 3 of 11 , May 20, 2013
          Aaron,
          CTS10057 and CTS10100 ordered.