Re: [I-M223] Progress in I-M223 Project

  • wolfram47
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 9, 2013

      Thank you.

      Klaus

      From: "Wayne Roberts" <wayne_r_roberts@...>
      To: I-M223@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 10:38:25 PM
      Subject: Re: [I-M223] Progress in I-M223 Project

      You are up to date Klaus with what has been found in your Isles sector. For now your terminal SNP is L1193.

      Your branch is therefore:

      M223 ---> CTS616, CTS9183 ---> M284 ---> L1195 ---> L1193

      Your new ISOGG Haplogroup classification is I2a2a1a1b.

      Thanks for your support and inthusism.

      Message 2 of 11 , May 1 5:32 PM
        Dear I-M223 Project Members,

        As Wayne has shared with you, we seem to have discovered the parent SNP's of Z161 and L701, L702. The CTS10057 and CTS10100 results have come from an L702+ Geno 2.0 participant.

        The discovery has major implications for our tree, as it places the whole Continental subgroup under a single umbrella, uniting the Z161+ Cont1 and Cont 2 sectors and the L701, L702+ Cont3 sector. It proves that Z161 and L701, L702 are, indeed, sister SNP's.

        In order to double check these results and place them on the ISOGG tree, we would like to request that a couple L701, L702+ individuals test CTS10057 and CTS10100, which are available for purchase at FT DNA. With the confirmation, our tree would look like this: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/M223-Y-Clan/default.aspx?section=results .

        Thank you for your support.

        Best regards,
        Aaron Torres
        I-M223 Y-Haplogroup Project Administrator
      • dale perry
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1 6:28 PM
          sounds great ,I know I am still waiting for the results from my testing,CTS10057 that's in process and it should be finished soon. Dale

          Message 4 of 11 , May 2 12:09 PM

            Aaron, Wayne, et al:

            Looking at this new chart (http://www.familytreedna.com/public/M223-Y-Clan/default.aspx?section=results)  I no longer find 1.2.1.0.1- M223  What has happened to our subgroup?

            Lewis M. Ruddick 14236

            Message 5 of 11 , May 2 6:02 PM
              Lewis,

              The link below is to the SNP tree for I-M223. It does not take into account subgrouping based on STR markers.

              You will find the code for the terminal SNP L1229 is 1.2.1. The code for your grouping based on SNP and STR markers in the coloured results page corresponds to this same SNP code 1.2.1 with a code for your STR grouping added on, eg 1.2.1.0.1.

              SNP codes and SNP/STR group codes in the Project may change as new SNP are discovered and as more people test up to 111 STR markers which may identify further subgroups. So please don't concern yourself with the codes, the main focus should be your known terminal SNP first followed by your specific STR markers that may place you into a subgroup.

              In your case, your terminal SNP remains as L1229 for now and your specific STR markers DYS446=9, DYS531=11 and DYS456=14.

              Regards