Re: L1290+ and/or L1317+ in I-M223 Haplogroup need to test Z183

  • jpb242655
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
      K Nordtvedt has identified the following STR values as ones that indicate the SNPs L1290 and L1317. When I type in these values at Y Search I get quite a few matches. There are at least three M223 FTDNA members who on this basis could be added to the ContX1 511=10 group and that might encourage them to test for L1290 and L1317.

      Johansson 160960
      Shuman 159162
      Baldwin 34058

      The STR values are:
      393=14/15
      385b=16/17
      458=14
      464d=16
      456=14
      531=12
      395SIa=16
      511=10
      413b=21
      444=14/15
      481=26
      446=12
      572=12

      There is a Johnston 19048 (Johnston DNA Project) who some time ago did a WTY and I am wondering if that WTY included Z183. If he is postive for it then so am I since he and I both tested + for L1290 and L1317.

      According to K Nordtvedt this clade represented by the above STR values is quite robust. He includes about 20 names.

      J Braun