Money for tests

  • janet_crow
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25 2:06 PM
      I have replenished my kitty and am able to run a couple tests. Which tests will benefit our group? My kit #175599 I-L126 L126+, L137+, L369+, M379-, Z2070-

      Thanks. Jan Crow
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25 6:50 PM
        Hello Jan,

        Unfortunately there have been no new SNPs discovered for Isles Scottish or for the Isles M284 sector. Geno 2.0 chip only included L126 and therefore did not reveal any new SNPs for this sector.

        All I can suggest is that you upgrade the 37 markers to 67 or 111 markers for now until some new SNPs come along. The more STR markers tested, the easier it is to work out possible clusters or subclades within a group that later may be supported by specific SNPs.

        Best wishes for Easter
        Wayne Roberts
        Co-Administrator I-M223 Project