New to this Group

  • david_kyle@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2013
      Hello out there, I am new to this group;
      kit #240543, Surname STEWART.
      I am I2b1c M223 P78.
      Any Stewarts out there?
      I line back to Charles Stewart 1690-1750 + Mary Proctor 1710-1773 in Spotsylvania,VA.
      Does anyone know, with documentation, Charles' parents?
      I'm stuck there.
      ALSO, my kit was dropped in FF Upgrade and still is not back... anyone else?
      David Kyle, adopted, Stewart birth surname.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2013
        Hello David and welcome to both the I-M223 Project and this discussion list.

        Your STR markers have been reviewed and already knowing that you were P78+, you are placed is the following category heading:

        1.2.3.1.2- M223>CTS616,CTS9183>L701, L702>P78 (Cont3a/I2b1c Group 2)

        If you go to the Project's colourised results page, set the page size to 1500 instead of the 200 and when it reloads either scroll down to your kit number or do a "Find on Page" for your kit number. You will see that you match almost exactly for 67 markers (4 steps) to kit N86836 (Scott Stewart) whose ancestor is given as James Steward 1638-1683.

        You also have closer 67 marker matches to Franklyn Scott Warren (3 steps) and Steven Tyler Stewart (4 steps). Steven's ancestor being Charles Steward born about 1690-1700 died 1750.

        You have several other matches at 12, 25 and 37 markers, all Stewart except for George Ashton Smith who is also P78+.

        Comparing STR markers on Y-Search with your closer matches shows you have in common with Smith, Warren and the other Stewart matches (depending on the number of markers they each tested), the first panel with 14, 23, 15, 10, 16-18, 11 13, 11, 13, 13, 29, then second panel markers with 16, 8-9, 11, 11, 24, 14, 20, 27, 13-()-16-17, (), 10, 19-21, 15, 15, 17, 19 and many others. For those that have tested to 67 markers you all have a low DYS557=14.

        I think if other close matches tested at least 67 markers and had this 557=14 especially and tested P78+, you can say with confindence, you all had a common ancestor and hopefully link all families with a paper trail.

        Regards
        Wayne Roberts
        Co-Administrator
        I-M223 Project